Page 22 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 22

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sunday, May 5

Food/Digestion:
    - Last night: edible made out of oil, fruit juice, and gelatin (so that I could get the f**** to sleep)
    - Breakfast: carrot juice (1 cup), cantaloupe w/ maple, gelatin
    - Maple mate
    - Lunch: applesauce w/ cinnamon, bowl of rice w/ coconut oil, 2 raw egg yolks
    - Maple mate
    - Dinner: 6 oz beef, small sweet potato
    - Cherry coconut ice cream… and vanilla coconut ice cream… and more cherry coconut ice cream…

- Bloat: still bloated
    - BMs: barely

Supps:
    - Acidophilus (10 bil CFU)
    - l-Glutamine (5 g )
    - Digest Gold (1 or 2, depending). I'm going to stop taking these and see what happens.
    -- Noopept: 10 mg (2x)

Thirst:
    - Not too thirsty today

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 11:30-8:30 (woke at 7 for a few minutes) Woke up groggy from my sleep aid…
    - Fine all day but crashed in the evening (around 7pm)

Temp:
    - Good all day! Enjoyed the sun in shorts and sandals

Brain Fog:
    - Took a step backwards today

Acne:
    - New cyst-like thing. Everything else is healing.

Exercise:
    - Just a long walk through the woods. Taking it easy these last two days

------------------------------------------------------------------------

311 double feature. Is it possible to feel both of these things about just one person? *headwall*

And I know Love Song is originally The Cure, but Robert Smith scares the shit out of me D:

It's the most easily digestible way for me to get sugar in. Honey gives me stomach troubles - too much free fructose. Plus, it's freakin delicious

I tried ACV recently. I did notice the energizing effect, it was great! But it had the same effect on my digestion as the HCL pills - stomach sore and hard as a rock

Zach is offline Banned
    I love The Cure AND 311, good picks.

Cierra, Maple Syrup is the new bacon.

That's what I'm afraid of...

Also, good on bacon... I miss you, pork <3

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I loooove "Love Song". The Cure version is so haunting!

Just wondering about your acne: sound like you have the same kind as me (we have a lot of similar symtoms!): did you start breaking out when you changed to the sugar diet, or was it like that already?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Original version is the best version by far(311 did an OK job, I like them though). Adele covered lovesong and it made me so mad, I swear to god, I almost blew a casket. Didn't think anything could make me that mad, but oh boy, did that ever. I literally walked out of the store in disgust until it was over(had to ask my friend via text)
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Just wondering about your acne: sound like you have the same kind as me (we have a lot of similar symtoms!): did you start breaking out when you changed to the sugar diet, or was it like that already?
    No, it was way worse before! My acne has gotten 5123457823246 times better since I changed my diet 2 weeks ago. My face used to look like a disaster, now there's just a few bumps here or there and the rest is clear and bright! On Saturday, a friend asked me if I was getting married, pregnant, and/or had just gotten laid because I looked so "radiant". I'm actually more stressed right now than I've been in years! I wonder if all this sugar is having a positive effect on my hormones, whether it be through thyroid or adrenal function.

Quote Originally Posted by YB
    I loooove "Love Song". The Cure version is so haunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    Original version is the best version by far(311 did an OK job, I like them though). Adele covered lovesong and it made me so mad, I swear to god, I almost blew a casket. Didn't think anything could make me that mad, but oh boy, did that ever. I literally walked out of the store in disgust until it was over(had to ask my friend via text)
    I agree that the original is the best version. I did not know Adele did a cover... I almost started to search for it, but thought "no, I'm already having a good day. Let's not ruin it"

Somewhat on topic, I love listening to the Cure on vinyl. I don't know why, but I think some artists are decidedly better on vinyl. It might just be me being nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    No, it was way worse before! My acne has gotten 5123457823246 times better since I changed my diet 2 weeks ago. My face used to look like a disaster, now there's just a few bumps here or there and the rest is clear and bright! On Saturday, a friend asked me if I was getting married, pregnant, and/or had just gotten laid because I looked so "radiant". I'm actually more stressed right now than I've been in years! I wonder if all this sugar is having a positive effect on my hormones, whether it be through thyroid or adrenal function.
    That's amazing!! My skin cleared up as soon as I went primal. I've only had a few breakouts over the last year, and it's always been after consuming something with gluten or veg oil in it. But in the last few weeks my skin is looking great (in spite of the acne) and my hair looks better than it's looked in years! Goooooooooooooo sugar!

Just the mention of Adele was enough to get her song stuck in my head. Sigh.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    That's amazing!! My skin cleared up as soon as I went primal. I've only had a few breakouts over the last year, and it's always been after consuming something with gluten or veg oil in it. But in the last few weeks my skin is looking great (in spite of the acne) and my hair looks better than it's looked in years! Goooooooooooooo sugar!

Just the mention of Adele was enough to get her song stuck in my head. Sigh.
    Woo! Haha we really do experience the same things, don't we?

I always had breakouts here or there as a teen, but nothing like it has been since going high fat paleo. I was really nervous it would get worse when I started juicing and eating sugar but surprises, surprises...

Adele.. she has a beautiful voice, but such a downer... my god.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Woo! Haha we really do experience the same things, don't we?
    There's something else too - my mum wanted me to get checked for lyme's disease! I was bitten by a tick as a baby.

- Ray Peat