Page 21 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 21

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The coca cola commercial? I don't know - they look very young.

In the last 2 (two) years (did I mention, 2 years?) of attempting diagnosis, the only thing I can say is that a lot of FODMAP fruits and vegetables make it 100x worse, but even avoiding them all I still bloat. The only way I can seem to keep it all the way down is by eating very small meals of chicken and fish, rice, sweet potatoes, and maybe some spinach and other less fibrous veggies very sparingly. But that is not sustainable because I get hungry. It was actually great when I first started the juicing and sugar thing, but I was also not very hungry so I didn't eat very much. Now I'm hungrier so I eat more and the bloating comes back. Probiotics don't work, HCL doesn't work, enzymes don't work, I don't have any of the major bugs, I don't have SIBO, I don't seem to have anything. It's almost like there's something wrong with the actual digestive mechanism. It feels like I eat food and it just piles up in my stomach and nothing's happening!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    The coca cola commercial? I don't know - they look very young.

In the last 2 (two) years (did I mention, 2 years?) of attempting diagnosis, the only thing I can say is that a lot of FODMAP fruits and vegetables make it 100x worse, but even avoiding them all I still bloat. The only way I can seem to keep it all the way down is by eating very small meals of chicken and fish, rice, sweet potatoes, and maybe some spinach and other less fibrous veggies very sparingly. But that is not sustainable because I get hungry. It was actually great when I first started the juicing and sugar thing, but I was also not very hungry so I didn't eat very much. Now I'm hungrier so I eat more and the bloating comes back. Probiotics don't work, HCL doesn't work, enzymes don't work, I don't have any of the major bugs, I don't have SIBO, I don't seem to have anything. It's almost like there's something wrong with the actual digestive mechanism. It feels like I eat food and it just piles up in my stomach and nothing's happening!
    This one! Took me ages to remember the name of the band, ha. But the song is crazy-similar, if you listen to it back-to-back with "Awkward".

I feel your pain on the bloating. Everything seems to cause it, nothing seems to reduce it (except not eating).

Have you tried that supp that Zach and Cierra keep talking about?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    hcl stops saliva's amylase enzymes from working, so it's probably best to separate your carb and protein heavy meals to avoid bloating. this is probably why many people bloat from carb meals in general, problems with that enzyme.

have you tried cascara sagrada? also, I see no carrot salad...
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    This one! Took me ages to remember the name of the band, ha. But the song is crazy-similar, if you listen to it back-to-back with "Awkward".

I feel your pain on the bloating. Everything seems to cause it, nothing seems to reduce it (except not eating).

Have you tried that supp that Zach and Cierra keep talking about?
    Ha! They are similar - That never occurred to me.

I take a digestive enzyme from the same company (I think it's a little more potent than the one Zach takes) and I've seen no results. It doesn't seem to affect me positively or negatively. Maybe I should try taking a much higher dose?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    hcl stops saliva's amylase enzymes from working, so it's probably best to separate your carb and protein heavy meals to avoid bloating. this is probably why many people bloat from carb meals in general, problems with that enzyme.

have you tried cascara sagrada? also, I see no carrot salad...
    I dabbled with that for a while, but it became unsustainable when I went home for the summer. I should try it again: eat mostly carbs with smaller amounts of eggs and gelatin throughout the day and then focus on meat at dinner? Worth a shot.

I've never heard of that before, but it sounds interesting... I could use some peristalsis stimulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    I've taken Digest Gold, but Digest Spectrum is WAY better, in my opinion. With DG, I was like ... "meh, is it working?" But then with Digest Spectrum, I was like I CAN EAT ALL THE THINGS.

So... it really made a difference, for me.
    Seriously? I've read how Gold has saved people's lives and I'm like, "meh" too, so that's interesting.

Digest Gold:

Digest Spectrum:

This is odd, because Spectrum seems to have less of most things (except for protease) and just has the added gluten thing, which couldn't hurt considering my intolerance.

I've taken Digest Gold, but Digest Spectrum is WAY better, in my opinion. With DG, I was like ... "meh, is it working?" But then with Digest Spectrum, I was like I CAN EAT ALL THE THINGS.

So... it really made a difference, for me.
    LOL - what was with the cat?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I think that Digest Gold is more for people who eat processed foods and have trouble digesting those things. They have shitty eating habits, but an adequate digestive system. Since you avoid most/all processed foods, Digest Gold doesn't really do much, maybe. Digest Spectrum, on the other hand, is better suited for people with adequate eating habits and a shitty digestive system.
    That's just my opinion, though. Digest Gold and Digest Spectrum are also very similar in cost. Maybe you could buy both, and if it still doesn't seem to help, keep the receipt and return it?

Digest Spectrum has everything that Digest Gold has, with DS containing less of only a few enzymes. I think the most important things that I may have trouble digesting are more prevalent in DS rather than DG, and the introduction of the DPP-IV, which is a gluten digestive aid, is what makes this work for me. Maybe the enzymes that are higher in the DG are really not so important for me personally, but I'm not sure! Worth a shot.
    Hmm, it's possible. I could pick up some spectrum and try it out.

Cus at the top, she's like "meh." And then at the bottom, she's like cause she took digest spectrum and can eat all the things, lol. obviously >___>
    I got it, Cierra

Cus at the top, she's like "meh." And then at the bottom, she's like cause she took digest spectrum and can eat all the things, lol. obviously >___>
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I got it, Cierra
    Haha! I was guessing random-"anchorman"-style humour. Guess that's just me then ;(

Maybe I should get my brother to post me some digest spectrum... if it really does work. Can you pick it up in any pharmacy?

- Ray Peat

An average pharmacy won't have them, but a supplement / vitamin store or a natural foods store with a vitamin section is sure to have it.

Looking back at my journals over the months, I think I might actually be better off without the enzymes...I wonder if there's something in there that's bothering me?