Page 20 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 20

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's really nice, both for you and for him - many don't get the opportunity to spend much time with their children. Or even if they do, they pay other people to spend time instead...

It's 70 degrees here and sunny: a rarity in the pacific northwest. But I'm stuck inside the library working on papers Worst form of torture.

Forgot...

Noopept Update:

Effects on alcohol:
    First of all, I rarely drink so my tolerance is next to zero. I took another 10 mg of noopept before I went out last night, had a single shot of whiskey (which usually results in a slight buzz) and felt pretty much... nothing. I was already in a great mood so I don't know if it lifted me up even more, but I had no brain fog, no tipsy feeling, nada.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Forgot...

Noopept Update:

Effects on alcohol:
    First of all, I rarely drink so my tolerance is next to zero. I took another 10 mg of noopept before I went out last night, had a single shot of whiskey (which usually results in a slight buzz) and felt pretty much... nothing. I was already in a great mood so I don't know if it lifted me up even more, but I had no brain fog, no tipsy feeling, nada.
    I noticed pretty much the same thing regarding alcohol and noopept. Probably would need to drink 5 shots to get a buzz.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

I can see how that'd be bothersome to some...

Re: Choline, I'm going to hold off on it for now. One of the symptoms of choline deficiency is headaches, but one of the symptoms of overdosing on choline is also headaches. How fun.

Saturday, May 4

Food/Digestion:
    - Last night: shot of whiskey
    - AM: gelatin
    - Breakfast: carrot juice, 2 chicken sausages, 2 eggs (coconut oil), maple syrup, rice cake
    - Roasted mate (no syrup)
    - Lunch: 1/4 lb roast beef, pineapple, little rice
    - Dinner: 1/2 lb salmon, bowl of rice w/ coconut aminos, an orange (juice of)
    - Orange juice (~1 cup)

Was craving meat a lot more today.

-Bloat: was actually pretty ok until the orange juice after dinner. now it's fully distended. I think I should stick with carrot juice, it seems to bother my stomach the least.
    -BMs: ok

Supps: I suppose I should make this more clear
    - Acidophilus (10 bil CFU)
    - l-Glutamine (5 g on an empty stomach) - didn't take today
    - Digest Gold enzymes (1 or 2 per meal, depending)
    - Noopept: 10 mg (2x)

Thirst:
    - Not terrible

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 1:30-7:30. Actually feel pretty rested.
    - No crash

Temp:
    - Not cold. Wore a dress and was fine.

Brain Fog:
    - Clearing up

Acne:
    - Still clearing up

Exercise:
    - Little more walking / hill climbing than usual for non-intended exercise.

Brooding on Food:
    I like that, it has a ring to it. Anyway, as much as the "eat moar sugar" protocol has helped me tremendously, I'm really trying to strike a balance. Yesterday I was craving sugar all day, so that's what I ate. But today I was craving meat soÖ I ate a bunch of meat. I still had fruit and juice and sugar, but no more than I actually wanted. Isn't this good? Isn't this how it's supposed to be? Shouldn't we just be consuming whole foods to our heart's desire? If I want sugar, I'll eat it. If I don't, I won't. I have long since become disillusioned with the whole "eat fat with a spoon" thing, but isn't this what I'm doing with sugar now? Not that I'm going to give up eating maple syrup with everything. That shit's the panacea we've all been waiting for

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not fond of the texting aspect of this video

Zach is offline Banned
    No, sugar or nothing. Go take a timeout and think about that.

Yes! Truly being able to listen to your body and strike a balance is what its all about. Unless your body is trying to kill you, then dont listen to it.
    Last edited by Zach; 05-04-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: The only reason i ever edit, fucking iphone keyboard!

*whimpers*

My body is always trying to kill me. If it tells me to drink DDT i'll try not to listen (at least i won't get malaria!)
    Last edited by ombat; 05-04-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: the only reason I ever edit. because i'm non-committal. I don't even use pens!

Zach is offline Banned
    My mom told me that back in the day, trucks would drive around spraying DDT and all the neighborhood kids would run behind it like it was a sprinkler on wheels.

In case you can't read lips, that tribe member is saying, "Are you fucking kidding me, cracker?"

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Saturday, May 4

Food/Digestion:
    - Last night: shot of whiskey
    - AM: gelatin
    - Breakfast: carrot juice, 2 chicken sausages, 2 eggs (coconut oil), maple syrup, rice cake
    - Roasted mate (no syrup)
    - Lunch: 1/4 lb roast beef, pineapple, little rice
    - Dinner: 1/2 lb salmon, bowl of rice w/ coconut aminos, an orange (juice of)
    - Orange juice (~1 cup)

Was craving meat a lot more today.

-Bloat: was actually pretty ok until the orange juice after dinner. now it's fully distended. I think I should stick with carrot juice, it seems to bother my stomach the least.
    -BMs: ok

Supps: I suppose I should make this more clear
    - Acidophilus (10 bil CFU)
    - l-Glutamine (5 g on an empty stomach) - didn't take today
    - Digest Gold enzymes (1 or 2 per meal, depending)
    - Noopept: 10 mg (2x)

Thirst:
    - Not terrible

Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 1:30-7:30. Actually feel pretty rested.
    - No crash

Temp:
    - Not cold. Wore a dress and was fine.

Brain Fog:
    - Clearing up

Acne:
    - Still clearing up

Exercise:
    - Little more walking / hill climbing than usual for non-intended exercise.

Brooding on Food:
    I like that, it has a ring to it. Anyway, as much as the "eat moar sugar" protocol has helped me tremendously, I'm really trying to strike a balance. Yesterday I was craving sugar all day, so that's what I ate. But today I was craving meat so… I ate a bunch of meat. I still had fruit and juice and sugar, but no more than I actually wanted. Isn't this good? Isn't this how it's supposed to be? Shouldn't we just be consuming whole foods to our heart's desire? If I want sugar, I'll eat it. If I don't, I won't. I have long since become disillusioned with the whole "eat fat with a spoon" thing, but isn't this what I'm doing with sugar now? Not that I'm going to give up eating maple syrup with everything. That shit's the panacea we've all been waiting for

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not fond of the texting aspect of this video

Wo-ah: how young are the kids in that video?! Catchy song though. Reminds me of .... Can't think of the name right now! Remember that video where a load of girls are are on rollarblades? I'm tired

Anyway, do you have any idea what causes your bloating? It's so annoying to live in a perpetual state of bloat.

And I agree with Zach. QuElLe SuRpRiSe!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat