Page 16 of 138 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 16

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    "Dear Zach, my diet is 20% protein, 16346268864543% fat. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Butterivore"
    Eat More Fat. Duh! :P
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    Heyyy, poppin' in! Things are a lot more fun in here than they are in my journal. Think mine needs more pictures. lol

Ohh, I was reading your journal, and I made fish curry last night, too! It was omfg delicious.

That's exactly why I'm afraid to try phsychedelics and drugs of that manner-- I'll be stuck like that forever,man! I'm afraid that the person I'd become after such a strong experience would be someone I wouldn't like! lol

Also, I agree, Derpamix and Zach journals would definitely be something that'd keep my attention, I love reading what both of you guys have to say and seriously value the opinions of everyone who writes in this journal
    It's all about the pictures. The only way I can captivate an audience.

Drugs expand your mind - they allow you to see things that you might have otherwise been blind to. After that, it's just you, your new found knowledge, and what you decide to do with it. I know I say that I'll never be the same, but it's because of what I've learned. I'm still just me. Anyway, I would not recommend experimenting with this stuff until you are in a good place (emotionally) to begin with. That can lead to a bad experience.

Zach is offline Banned
    Meh, my journal would just make you guys (girls) jealous. "Breakfast was pizza and chocolate milk, dropped two lbs last night, abz lookin stellar!".

Really though i dont have much to comment on in my life, just eat, play with kid and work out. I think derp would be much more fascinating. The Dear Zach might be good though since i answer lots of questions in PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The Dear Zach might be good though since i answer lots of questions in PM's.
    It would be hilarious - can you imagine how many people you'd annoy???

Oh, and help.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    That's exactly why I'm afraid to try phsychedelics and drugs of that manner-- I'll be stuck like that forever,man! I'm afraid that the person I'd become after such a strong experience would be someone I wouldn't like! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Drugs expand your mind - they allow you to see things that you might have otherwise been blind to. After that, it's just you, your new found knowledge, and what you decide to do with it. I know I say that I'll never be the same, but it's because of what I've learned. I'm still just me. Anyway, I would not recommend experimenting with this stuff until you are in a good place (emotionally) to begin with. That can lead to a bad experience.
    Drugs open doors in your mind. Some people don't want those doors opened.

Usually people with a lot of control issues (ie. they are afraid to lose control) can't cope with drugs and have bad trips (or "mares" as we say in Ireland ) Drugs itched a scratch for me cos' I always wanted to lose control, and they helped me escape. Now if I take them it's just as an enhancement to an experience, or in the case of psychedelics, it's because I want to see / learn something new.

Last edited by YogaBare; 05-02-2013 at 11:55 AM.

- Ray Peat

Hell yes!

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Drugs itched a scratch for me cos' I always wanted to lose control, and they helped me escape. Now if I take them it's just as an enhancement to an experience, or in the case of psychedelics, it's because I want to see / learn something new.
    Well put, and totally accurate for me as well.

Thursday, May 2

Food/Digestion:
    - Late morning: Carrot and orange juice (~ 3 cups), Maple syrup mate
    - Lunch: 3 hb eggs, large bowl of applesauce
    - Afternoon: maple syrup mate
    - Dinner: Can of tuna, an egg, turkey, and rice stir fried in coconut oil; cantaloupe w/ drizzle of maple syrup
    - Snack: cantaloupe, Enjoy Life chocolate chips (not real food, sue me)
    I don't think it gets much sugarier than thisÖ.

- Swear I'm going to eat gelatin tomorrow
    - Really curious again, and a rough estimate returned ~1500 cal (only?? If I hadn't eaten those chocolate chips I'd be down 200!) ~190g carb, ~80g protein, ~50g fat. That's about 50% carb. Not too accurate, but that's the idea.

- Bloat: moderate
    - BMs: very good

Thirst:
    - Still so thirsty. Am I not salting enough? Maybe I should be doing coconut water (electrolytes) instead of the mate. It's starting to get warm out anyway, so tea will become uncomfortable to drink unless chilled.

Sleep/Energy/Temp: All related?
    - Slept from 2(?)-7:30. Though I was exhausted and ready for bed at 10:30. It wasn't just my roommate and her love interest's overtly flirtatious giggling or the sound of Mario Party penetrating our paper thin walls with full clarity that kept me awake, no. It was the fantasies - the thoughts of taking a blunt object to their skulls - that kept me tossing through those early hours. Oh, and the thought of calling her long distance boyfriend and asking how he felt about it. And yes, dear, I did hear you groaning at 7:30 this morning as you left the house with a hangover. Poor thing. /Rant
    - Woke up exhausted, headachy, and spent the entire morning shivering so hard I was shaking. It's 60 degrees outsideÖ
    - Rest of day had a surprising amount of energy with no crashes. Thanks to the sugar fuel?? Maybe.

Brain Fog:
    - Forgot to mention yesterday, it's much better.

Acne:
    - Still pretty clear. A few bumps here or there but overall my skin looks great.

Mood:
    All over the effing the place. I'm furious, I'm crying, I'm laughing, I want to punch someone, I want to hug everyone. What da fuck. I think it's due to massive amounts of stress

Activity:
    Went on a romp through the woods - jogging up and down hills, maybe for a total of 10 minutes. Walked the rest. Needed to let go of some pent up energy.

DerpaDerp, had my first dose of noopept this morning (15 mg: 10 orally, 5 sublingually*). For about 10 minutes everything became very overwhelming (mostly brain fog and my nystagmus**) and then it all just dissipated into... clarity and serenity. Nothing amazing or mind blowing; everything just felt.. easy. Like it should. No brain fog. It's probably all placebo. I know it's cumulative so I'm not expecting real results for a while.

* I've read much on the subject of its bioavailability. Apparently most of it does get absorbed through the GI tract despite it being a peptide. However, its effects are more immediate sublingually, so I'm probably going to experiment with each method.
    ** Nystagmus is the eyesight condition I have. Basically, my eyes move back and forth rapidly and it's easily provoked by certain things (usually fatigue and adrenaline)

Zach is offline Banned
    Nice! I wonder if anyone has snorted it yet?

I did look around the net out of curiosity. The general consensus is that there are no added benefits (vs taking it sublingually).

Snorting is not very pleasant, so unless it's worth it (in the case of other, more fun, powdery drugs) I think I'll pass