Page 15 of 138 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 15

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Thank god I've got you and the hippies on my side!
    Always... I could tell you stories Ha. Actually though, a lot of indigenious people take psychedelics precisely because they believe it changes their vibrational consciousness and allows them to see another level of reality. Funny that western people have similar experiences completely independently.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    What alternate conversation were you reading?? Haha we both don't like it there! Honestly, the only places worth living in CA are insanely expensive. Everything else is shit. If you really want to move to the US, you're better off choosing a nice, quiet state with lots of trees, like Washington (and I'm not totally biased because I live there or anything... ). If you're looking for a big city, though, there are plenty of places elsewhere that won't be such a struggle to establish yourself in.

- The dream crushers (and me)

EDIT: But you can never go wrong getting knocked up.
    Ha, I guess I saw the mention of SF and I was off!

All this talk of getting knocked up has aroused.... my curiosity... about the PHRASE! Shheesh! What is the origin of the phrase knocked-up
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Damn straight, California fucking blows. This place feels absolutely soul sucking at times. There is hardly any beauty left here, due to the dense population sucking it all dry. The people here are complete drones too, mostly. I like to explore urban terrain too, for art, and the street art isn't art at all, it's just vandalism.

That said, I was wandering around yesterday and found a really cool abandoned house off by the foot of the hills. Obviously used for raves and stuff. There was more life there in that abandoned house than the entirety of the city, kinda funny. Thinking about taking up photography for that reason, maybe it can capture something I'm not seeing.

(not mine:bluelightsandsunshine.tumblr.com)

Cool huh? I should start my own journal, I feel like I have a lot more stuff to write down lately.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Damn straight, California fucking blows. This place feels absolutely soul sucking at times. There is hardly any beauty left here, due to the dense population sucking it all dry. The people here are complete drones too, mostly. I like to explore urban terrain too, for art, and the street art isn't art at all, it's just vandalism.
    But dude, you haven't been to SF

Plus I clearly belong in California - blond, laid back (in some ways ), hippie, and I don't know ay other Irish people who say "dude"

That said, I was wandering around yesterday and found a really cool abandoned house off by the foot of the hills. Obviously used for raves and stuff. There was more life there in that abandoned house than the entirety of the city, kinda funny. Thinking about taking up photography for that reason, maybe it can capture something I'm not seeing.

Cool huh? I should start my own journal, I feel like I have a lot more stuff to write down lately
    Nice pics. I was actually going to suggest to you that you start a journal - I saw a pic this morning that reminded me of you and wanted to post it for you... but where? (Sorry Ombat).

This is becoming like Facebook...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Haha yeah totally me! Also, not trying to burst your bubble about Cali, but it's not really like that anymore, even dude has been mostly replaced by other nonsense like swag or worse
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Put thise nootropics to good use and start a blog or something.

YB, move to San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Put thise nootropics to good use and start a blog or something.

YB, move to San Diego.
    I lived in San Diego for three months...

It's nice but dull

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I lived in San Diego for three months...

It's nice but dull
    Hmmm, LA, San Fran or Miami? Seems like the only big cities with beaches.

SF baby!

not trying to burst your bubble about Cali, but it's not really like that anymore, even dude has been mostly replaced by other nonsense like swag or worse

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Put thise nootropics to good use and start a blog or something..
    Btw, I think BOTH of you should start journals. Derp's can be "Musings of a Primal Troll", and Zach can have an agony aunt column for people who are killing themselves with LCHF; "Dear Zach".

Oh gadzooks - you have to do that Zach!!!

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Always... I could tell you stories Ha. Actually though, a lot of indigenious people take psychedelics precisely because they believe it changes their vibrational consciousness and allows them to see another level of reality. Funny that western people have similar experiences completely independently.
    Friend of mine has spent tons of time in South America doing just that, but I suppose it's universal. We really are just "one"

Btw, I think BOTH of you should start journals. Derp's can be "Musings of a Primal Troll", and Zach can have an agony aunt column for people who are killing themselves with LCHF; "Dear Zach".
    "Dear Zach, my diet is 20% protein, 16346268864543% fat. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Butterivore"

ombat is offline Senior Member

Cool huh? I should start my own journal, I feel like I have a lot more stuff to write down lately.
    I can't agree with this statement more. The first summer I went back to LA to visit, I was on the road for 10 minutes and literally felt my chest start to tighten. It's toxic, physically and emotionally.

I would be a loyal Derp blog follower.