Page 129 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 129

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Ha, you are not self serving bitch. I either say nothing or just ramble. Actually, I'm the self serving bitch with my questions about specifics.
    Isn't it incredible how easily we women think that we're being bitches? (I'm looking for an appropriate emoticon to insert here, but there's no "perplexed" face... so: )

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    You thought it was too low carb, but you think the carb intake is irrelevant if protein is too high? You probably wrote about it in your journal - Ima head over there in a moment.

Re: bloating, I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say but after watching all of Freelee's videos last night I'm starting to hit on something as well in regards to food combining. I too will keep you posted

xxoo
    I was thinking that I wasnt getting enough carbs cos' there's only so much food I can eat in a day and I was focusing most of it on protein. And I did the same thing today! Old habits die hard.

I must watch those videos. My insight is pretty generic actually... low metabolic rate But I'm having some crazy insights into the spiritual interpretation of metabolism... you know me
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    What do you mean story and past lives?

If I had to describe my past life, it'd be a largely blank canvas(made with materials that came off the back of someone else and put them out) with a few asymmetrical lines drawn across it. Despite the inherit lack of symmetry and imperfection, they are only going in one place, unimpeded -- leaking off until they eventually reach the end of the canvas and dribble harmlessly on the floor, where it finally dries up leaving an unnoticeable mess for whoever walks over it. You can't even call it artistic expression, or improv art, since it's just a few lines. This about sums up my life. Not exactly profound or masturbatory prose material, but this is the only thing I thought of when I thought about my life up until this point.

You guys can feel free to mark up my canvas if you want.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 09-16-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Yoyo, its one of her 30 videos in 30 days (I think?) about food combining. Although it is all about fruit, I think some really useful insights could be implemented in a y/our diets. When I get to my computer I will post it.

Derpsies, do you see your life as a bunch of linear paths?

So in "Batty's gone a little Batty" news, I've gone back to eating a more meat based diet (for now ) and it may have just been because I ate 2500 cals yesterday in predominately fruit or sugar, but I had no blood sugar issues today and was rarely hungry.

I had cooked up some ground beef w other spices last night and today was craving corn tortillas to put them in. I haven't had corn in over a year but nevertheless I went to the store and bought organic corn tortillas (treated wit lime, as they should be). I was hell bent and set on having beef tacos garnished with the tomatoes from my dad's garden for dinner, but I ended up out at dinner time and eating Thai with a friend... Now my craving isn't so strong and I wonder if I should forget about it. Part of me just wants to eat the damn tortillas. Maybe heated on the stove with some butter... But not tonight. My tummy is angry at me for eating a few veggies. How many times can I use the rolling eyes emoticon?
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Here it is: Day 24: Proper Food Combining on a Raw Vegan Diet (flat belly!) - YouTube
    Perhaps you'll make some insights, especially regarding your habit of eating melon with other foods...

Update on the corn situation:

I wanted a snack so... I ate the corn tortillas. I toasted them directly on the stove burners and spread a tiny bit of coconut oil on them. They were really tasty and just what I'd been craving, but the taste was too overpowering. I haven't had corn in over a year so perhaps my taste for it has changed, but it left me with this really nauseated feeling at the back of my throat and I had to take a spoonful of sugar in order to get the taste out of my mouth. Oh well. Glad I did it; proved to myself that I can roll with it. Moving on.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Derpsies, do you see your life as a bunch of linear paths?
    Yea
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Tbh I really enjoy reading your journal, Gray. I like your insights and the way you present them. My only contribution would be "Oh I agree, just like that time I..." or "Oh I had a similar experience...." and I felt like everything I said was just about me. Haha. Orz But thinking about it now I guess that's just part of conversation... I've been in weird place. Nevermind. *slinks away*
    Wow, I had no idea anyone would enjoy reading my disjointed, at times grammatically poorly structured ramblings. Thanks. I know I have things to say.
    My only contribution would be "Oh I agree, just like that time I..." or "Oh I had a similar experience...." and I felt like everything I said was just about me.
    That's the whole point though, to have some sort of convo and share thoughts and experiences. I've spilled a lot of my own 'me' stuff all over your threads lately. LoL
    I watched that Freelee vid about food combining, along with some of her other ones. I never thought of eating watermelon first and only as a mono-meal. I think her suggestion about consuming liquids alone and far apart from solid meals is a good one. I've been unconsciously doing that for a long time.

I've been doing the same with liquids, although more often now I'll have sugary tea within the hour of a meal.

So I can now accurately predict the first day of my cycle by counting 2 days from my most massive bottomless pit eating frenzy day. Pretty cool, huh? My appetite is increased for almost a week before that, but there's always one day where I will just consume until I explode. And now brain fog has set in. Don't expect me to form complete sentence foe the next... 3 days.

There has to be a way to mitigate the fatigue and brain fog associated with this hormonal shit storm. Doesn't our boy Peat have any suggestions??