Page 12 of 138 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 12

  1. #111
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,361
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Roasted leaves and cinnamon I can do. Chemicals I cannot.

    You would probably like Palo Santo. It's a type of wood from South America. You burn it and the smoke is absolutely amazing: sort of sweet, and very calming. It tends to linger on you as well, which is comforting. It goes pretty well with natural cigarettes too...
    I do that, actually, with pine trees, I burn them and smell them for hours. You know that smell in the air during winter? Sort of like that. I miss winter in the mountains already ;_; I also like the smell of various tea leaves when they're boiling, sometimes I just leave them there. Oh, and of course, coffee.

    So, what's your scent like? Do you have a strong personal scent?

    Also, hockey fan?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  2. #112
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I do that, actually, with pine trees, I burn them and smell them for hours. You know that smell in the air during winter? Sort of like that. I miss winter in the mountains already ;_; I also like the smell of various tea leaves when they're boiling, sometimes I just leave them there. Oh, and of course, coffee.

    So, what's your scent like? Do you have a strong personal scent?

    Also, hockey fan?
    We could get along very well, you and I.

    Where are you in California? I grew up in LA and hated it. The air is dry and smells like nothing at best. If you're in a northern area I suppose it can't be too bad, though. I'm in Washington state now and I finally know what real earth smells like. I would never give it up.

    I'm guessing you like earthy teas: kukicha, puerh, lapsang souchong, roasted mate (analogous to coffee. I drink it daily)?

    I can't say that I've noticed it myself... but I am very aware of the natural scents of the people around me. I blame it on my lack of eyesight (Neurological condition; best corrected vision is about 20/50. It's enough of a hindrance.) which has also led me down a path not so concerned with sports, as I have difficulty tracking moving objects. So I'll have to disappoint you on the subject of hockey.

    EDIT: Just caught you on the hockey ref on the other thread.
    Last edited by ombat; 04-30-2013 at 08:24 PM.

  3. #113
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,361
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    We could get along very well, you and I.

    Where are you in California? I grew up in LA and hated it. The air is dry and smells like nothing at best. If you're in a northern area I suppose it can't be too bad, though. I'm in Washington state now and I finally know what real earth smells like. I would never give it up.

    I'm guessing you like earthy teas: kukicha, puerh, lapsang souchong, roasted mate (analogous to coffee. I drink it daily)?

    I can't say that I've noticed it myself... but I am very aware of the natural scents of the people around me. I blame it on my lack of eyesight (Neurological condition; best corrected vision is about 20/50. It's enough of a hindrance.) which has also led me down a path not so concerned with sports, as I have difficulty tracking moving objects. So I'll have to disappoint you on the subject of hockey.

    EDIT: Just caught you on the hockey ref on the other thread.
    I agree, I like you.

    Not in LA, I grew up in Orange County, so I share your hatred of LA. Cesspool of a city, dirty air, dirty atmosphere, dirty people. I wish I lived in northern California, it's much cleaner up there with a lot better air. I love the mountains around here, and the beaches aren't too bad. I live in the valley right now, it's hot as hell, probably the absolute worst place for me to live. I just followed where the housing was cheap since.

    I do, love coconut and chocolate puerh. Usually don't drink it, just like the scent. I do sometimes though, if I'm out of coffee.

    Sucks about your eyes ;_; Do bright lights make it easier to follow? Usually they have a laser guidance for the puck during the playoffs because even people with perfect vision have a hard time following the puck. Really fast game. And, I've heard that, your other senses become a lot stronger in lack of others.

    Still 1-1 in this game.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  4. #114
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I agree, I like you.

    Not in LA, I grew up in Orange County, so I share your hatred of LA. Cesspool of a city, dirty air, dirty atmosphere, dirty people. I wish I lived in northern California, it's much cleaner up there with a lot better air. I love the mountains around here, and the beaches aren't too bad. I live in the valley right now, it's hot as hell, probably the absolute worst place for me to live. I just followed where the housing was cheap since.

    I do, love coconut and chocolate puerh. Usually don't drink it, just like the scent. I do sometimes though, if I'm out of coffee.

    Sucks about your eyes ;_; Do bright lights make it easier to follow? Usually they have a laser guidance for the puck during the playoffs because even people with perfect vision have a hard time following the puck. Really fast game. And, I've heard that, your other senses become a lot stronger in lack of others.

    Still 1-1 in this game.
    I grew up on the west side (Santa Monica area, if you're familiar) and it's not bad comparatively, considering the mountains and the sometimes perceptible ocean breeze. My extended family lives in the valley and... I'm sorry. I spent all of my free time riding horses in the mountains so I got away from the city as much as possible, but still. The worst part (besides the traffic) is the people. They're angry and I don't blame them. You know where else housing is cheap? Anywhere but the greater Los Angeles area. And SF. Why do you stay there if you don't like it?

    This tea conversation could go on for much longer than you find pleasurable, so stop me when you've had enough. If you like coconut, coconut in oolong is very interesting and much richer than it is in darker teas (sounds counter intuitive but trust me). It gives the tea a buttery consistency... It must be the oil in the coconut.

    Not really, I'm pretty light sensitive as well; though that's gotten better with age. All of the tricks that usually make things more visible (black font on a yellow background, for example) tend to make it harder for me to see. Go figure. You know I've heard that too... Got the sensitive nose and taste... Still manage to be pretty deaf though :/

  5. #115
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Tuesday, April 30

    Food/Digestion:
    - Last night before bed: cantaloupe
    - AM: cantaloupe; salted carrot juice; little salmon
    - Noon: salmon, rice, coconut ice cream
    - Afternoon: mate (no syrup)
    - PM: chicken (white and dark meat), turkey, applesauce, rice + enzyme. Largest meal I've had in a week.

    - Digestion more regular
    - Bloat minimal but present

    Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 11:30-7:15
    - Usual afternoon crash. Starting to think it's psychological since it seems to happen right as I get to class… Hmm…

    Temp:
    - My thermometer magically disappeared from my nightstand… plus I don't care.

    Activity:
    - Body weight

    Continued brain fog:
    Having trouble articulating… and thinking… and not walking into walls.

    Odd physical sensations:
    Last night I started to feel that sort of heavy, paralyzed sensation in the extremities which I usually associate with marijuana... Upon waking this morning I felt a tingling in my arms. It soon went away and was replaced by the same sensation in my face. Wtf?

    Get my thyroid and metabolic panels back tomorrow morning. As always, expecting nothing but pathetically and wistfully hopeful.


  6. #116
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Smart people... Assemble! Results below:

    Thyroid and Metabolic 4-2013.jpg

    The little caveat about the T4, does that mean that my T4 is actually closer to .6?

    The only thing that's out of this lab's reference range is the prealbumin, which could be a sign of the adrenal problems I already know I have.

  7. #117
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Everything looks pretty dang great. Fasting glucose is low as hell, thyroid looks really good.

    My advice would be to up the sugar even more. This is the most effective way to calm adrenals. You seem to be skimping on the fruit juice. Also do you have a problem with all dairy?

  8. #118
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Everything looks pretty dang great. Fasting glucose is low as hell, thyroid looks really good.

    My advice would be to up the sugar even more. This is the most effective way to calm adrenals. You seem to be skimping on the fruit juice. Also do you have a problem with all dairy?
    My blood glucose is always low, fasting and non-fasting. Kinda bizarre.

    I'm trying to go slowly, but I can up the sugar. In place of the rice or should I cut down on protein?

    It seems to be that way. About 6 months ago I couldn't even handle ghee. Now a little butter seems to be fine. I'm hoping to be able to tolerate yogurt at some point.

  9. #119
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Dont replace, just add. Your calories are low.

    Yes keep experimenting with dairy. Cheese seems to be fine for almost everyone, try some aged chedder or raw gouda.

  10. #120
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    So do you think adrenal problems could be causing the digestive / bloating issues alone?

    Thing about the dairy is it's not really a lactose / stomach upset problem, it's a migraine for 3 days problem. Probably not something I'm going to experiment with any time soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •