Page 113 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 113

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Dude, I've also backed off the fruit because my IBS was wrecking my head. Im still pounding the dairy but topping up with shellfish. So difficult to know what to do. I bet the aloe caps will help you though, since your problem is constipation (I wish we had a ABV for that )

Also, Derp just recommended pregnenolone in my journal - he said it relieves stress and brain fog. Might be worth trying instead of the nopepts?

And, I'm really glad you had dinner at your friends! There's no point in being so strict. One meal isn't gonna do anything, and life is for living, wha? I ate cheap ice cream and pork sausages (probably laced with sawdust) over the weekend, and my gut is no worse than normal
    Yeah I don't know about the dairy for me anymore either. Because on top of the possible digestive issues, I have the whole "listen to your body" thing going on. I cant stop thinking about how much effort I used to put into avoiding dairy as a kid (pouring milk down the sink when it was given to me by a friend's parent to have with dinner, for example) and I trust little Batty, I think she knew more than old, dumb Batty. Even now I have ice cream in my freezer and on a couple of recent occasions I have gone so far as to put a spoon into it, make a face (to let the ice cream know of my distaste, etc) and put it away. Ha, who does that?!

I did see you two discussing it. I will look into it if I decide against noopept. Thanks!

Yeah I used to think that one meal could set me back indefinitely (I think it really did, some time ago) but not any more. You just move on.

in an update in which I hyperventilate until I pass out to the ground, I just got an appointment at 2pm today to get my IUD. And just in case I wasn't nervous enough, I am seeing a physician unknown to me because my own does not have an opening. Currently, I am filling a flask with scotch.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

diene is offline Senior Member
    Re the IUD, don't worry, you'll be fine. It's the sound that hurts, but it only hurts for a second. And you'll get an idea of what it feels like to be in labor. (I think, cuz I've never been in labor myself.) But the pain is caused by uterine contraction in response to them sticking the sound in.

I hated dairy as a kid too. And I recently gave it up again. It could just be my imagination (probably is), but I think I feel better without it. But I can't really say how I feel better though.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Re the IUD, don't worry, you'll be fine. It's the sound that hurts, but it only hurts for a second. And you'll get an idea of what it feels like to be in labor. (I think, cuz I've never been in labor myself.) But the pain is caused by uterine contraction in response to them sticking the sound in.
    Great! That's great. I'm really looking forward to that.

I hated dairy as a kid too. And I recently gave it up again. It could just be my imagination (probably is), but I think I feel better without it. But I can't really say how I feel better though.
    Go with your instincts, man. I don't think it's in your head if you shied away from it as a child as well. Dairy isn't like other animal products with the hormones and other allergenic hormones. I don't think it's for everyone.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Yeah I don't know about the dairy for me anymore either. Because on top of the possible digestive issues, I have the whole "listen to your body" thing going on. I cant stop thinking about how much effort I used to put into avoiding dairy as a kid (pouring milk down the sink when it was given to me by a friend's parent to have with dinner, for example) and I trust little Batty, I think she knew more than old, dumb Batty. Even now I have ice cream in my freezer and on a couple of recent occasions I have gone so far as to put a spoon into it, make a face (to let the ice cream know of my distaste, etc) and put it away. Ha, who does that?!
    Listen to the inner child
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I'm thinking of you as you're getting your IUD inserted. <3

Haha Di, I am sitting here waiting for the doc and laughed. Thank you. I'll be thinking of you while I'm getting it inserted as well.

I AM A CHAMPION. Oh god that hurt. That was not a short cramp - that was a full on, 60 second contraction. I heard the doc talking to the nurse outside while I dressed, and she said, "yeah, she did reeaaally well," as though she was genuinely surprised. I am proud. Pat on my shoulder. Thank you, supporters of mine <3

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Haha Di, I am sitting here waiting for the doc and laughed. Thank you. I'll be thinking of you while I'm getting it inserted as well.
    That was the funniest thing I've heard all day! And I'll too be thinking of you.
    Also in a 'better her than me" kindof way too
    ETA: Great!!
    Last edited by Graycat; 08-05-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    That was the funniest thing I've heard all day! And I'll too be thinking of you.
    Also in a 'better her than me" kindof way too
    ETA: Great!!
    I appreciate the sentiment

My Fragile Uterus aka the title of my future Lifetime original film.

Afterwards I was still feeling some discomfort (mild, dull cramping, which I am NOT used to. Boo). I did not want to take any medication after I had broken down before the procedure and popped 400mg ibuprofen in anticipation (I drank with slippery elm tea which hopefully protected my stomach) so I went out drinking with some friends instead Nothing like some hard liquor to numb the uterine pain. It was quite the topic of conversation between me and my five male friends.... They were captivated and the jokes flowethed freely.

I had to call the evening short, however, upon realizing that in addition to that alcohol all I had eaten until then were some eggs and beef. I was not remotely hungry but starting to feel lightheaded, so I came home to have a bite.

I can attribute my lack of appetite today to nerves, but I also had very little yesterday. Seems Yoyo, Gray, and I are syncing our appetite cycles.

Done with my Modest Mouse kick (for the sake of my journal, not for listening)

Get your hands out of your back pockets...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad you survived it. Sucks that you had a 60-second contraction. (60 seconds! WTF!)