Page 112 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 112

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Om, that made me think of when I'm finally going to have my 'eat everything in sight' moment. I kinda feel that I'm in a 'quiet before the storm mode'. Wow, that's one metaphor too many. I got some (supposedly good quality) maple syrup today and was curious to try it. Now, even more so
    Whatever happens, just go with it. Don't treat it as a "binge" or shameful. Just eat what feels right to you until you're satisfied and then continue to respond to your appetite. I truly believe that our bodies are not stupid and that they ask us for what they need.

Maple syrup + cocoa powder + sea salt + vanilla is my preferred form of chocolate. Sprinkle some cinnamon in there too. Yeah baby.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad you liked "Felt"! "Familiar" is one of my favrouite tracks of all time. I went to see Nils Framn live last winter, and it was completely amazing.

Re. eating a lot - weird things are happening to my appetite. It's like I can't eat more than 1,600 cals now, unless I pound coconut water. Even if I eat a lot, it's just in one sitting, it rarely is more than 700 cals, and then I have no appetite later.

Anyway, I'm waffling. It's an interesting journey we're all on!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yo, thats how it was for me all last week. I could barely get in 1k cals most days but my most hungry-hungry-hippo-ness I can now attribute to the fact that....

.... I just started my cycle 6 days early.... That is a 22 day cycle for those who can't math. What the F, Universe?! Well I guess that means I can go get my copper IUD inserted on Monday? Am I really doing this? I'm scared! SOMEBODY HOLD ME! D:

I ate a ton of ice cream today... so much for previous statement

Well, change in cycle can be a result of change in diet. But... my cycle went to 21 days in winter time, and that's when my hormonal imbalance really went crazy.

Anyway, I'm like a broken record now - you know what I think

Why are you getting the copper IUD btw?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Well I guess that means I can go get my copper IUD inserted on Monday? Am I really doing this? I'm scared! SOMEBODY HOLD ME! D:
    Ugh, reading that makes my cervix hurt. You'll be okay, though. Can you take painkiller beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I ate a ton of ice cream today... so much for previous statement

Well, change in cycle can be a result of change in diet. But... my cycle went to 21 days in winter time, and that's when my hormonal imbalance really went crazy.

Anyway, I'm like a broken record now - you know what I think

Why are you getting the copper IUD btw?!
    My cycle has just been slightly irregular since my amenorrhea stint. Past 5 cycles have been in the 26-28 days range which is completely normal. This one just came out of nowhere BUT I am not noticing as terrible fatigue (yet). We'll see....

ETA: I've been eating carrots regularly now. I wonder if that has been influential?

Because I refuse hormonal BC and my mom is guilting me with words like "you're a dirty slut and you're going to get pregnant" Just kidding.... sorta ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Ugh, reading that makes my cervix hurt. You'll be okay, though. Can you take painkiller beforehand?
    lol oh god. Um, does whiskey count? I avoid painkillers like the plague because I'm pretty sure they've contributed to my gut issues, but I might just break down a pop some ibuprofen.

As I mentioned, my mom has had a few of them and never had any problems so I'm hoping it's genetics! I have to at least try it. If it doesn't work out all I have to do is get it removed, no damage done, and then I guess fertility awareness for the rest of my life. Which is nbd. But let's not get ahead of ourselves...
    Last edited by ombat; 08-03-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Update:

Food and Shit (literally)

Still trying to figure food out. The past two days I have been drinking an organic milk + sugar + gelatin + cocoa powder concoction (both warm and set as jello) per Zach's suggestion and peer pressure (he called me a wuss ) It has been very tasty and hasn't caused any pain or rumbling, but I'm not sure that it's the most flat-tummy friendly food option for me. I think I've decided to go back to go back to a more meat/fish/egg-centric diet but not be a complete idiot about it. I.e., carb refeeds, making sure I get fruit, etc (not just sweet potatoes) and more nutrient dense meats like liver. I had some for the first time in months last week and it was heavenly - seared quickly on each side and still very pink in the middle. I'm crazy. Don't worry about it. Anyway, this may just be all talk, but we'll see.

Last night I actually took my own advice regarding not being a complete psycho about what I eat 24/7 even if I know it will not agree with me by letting my friend cook me dinner. He is astounding in the kitchen and used to cook for me all the time but recently I haven't touched anything he's made and life's too short for that bullshit. So he invited me over last night and made chicken confit with a ton of onions and other gut-unfriendly foods, whipped potatoes, and balsamic marinated shitake mushrooms. It was simple (he knows to keep it simple with me) and my stomach had a minor cow but it was totally worth it. And - as an aside - in a completely idiotic move on his part, he gave me a pound of goat butter that he did not want (why??) which I used to fry sweet potatoes in this evening. ZOMG.

And today I started taking aloe vera caps, the kind the Ci recommended. I have been somewhat regular, surprisingly, but I want to see what it will really do. There are miraculous testimonials about its healing powers out there, but it will remain to be seen.

Acne / Skin
    Still been using B3 topically (and orally) and I'm still essentially breakout free. But what I must tell you all is that I decided to try some pore cleansing mask thing out of boredom today that was quite incredible. You mix 2 T of heated milk with 1 T of gelatin, apply it to your face, allow it to dry, and then peel it off. I will warn that it kind of hurt like a bitch to peel off (imagine ripping a large bandaid off of your face) so stay away from hair lines and eyebrows... but my face felt like a newborn's ass afterwards AND, miracles of all miracles, it actually removed all of the dead skin from my face (gross?). Honestly, I could scrub my face with steel wool and I'd still be able to wipe dead skin cells off my face with a swipe of my finger (you all know what I'm talking about) but this stuff peeled it clean off! I'm hoping that in doing so it keeps my pores less able to clog -> less acne. Seriously, try it.

Noopept
    I have been feeling a disconcerting amount of mental sluggishness and wanting to give this another try. I was bored today with nothing important to do so if it made me spacey it wouldn't have mattered. I took about 20mg and not only did it induce zero spacey-ness, but it actually boosted my mental energy quite a bit. Will continue to experiment. Derp, how's it going for you?

Thank you so much <3 I really hope it works out as well, or at least make things a bit easier for me. I think transit time is one of my big issues, so if it could even just take care of that, that would be amazing. Hoping for the best!

Ha, well I'm the wrong person to ask about being able to see blackheads since my vision is worse than yours, but supposedly yes it's supposed to help. You really should try it. It takes 2 seconds to make and it really did make my skin feel amazing and get rid of a lot of junk! But as I mentioned just be sure to keep it away from your hair line and eyebrows. If you don't you can just wash those parts off instead of peeling, but it will make it a much less difficult process.

You could try almond milk - I can't see why that wouldn't work. I probably wouldn't try yoghurt, however, since you have to heat it in order for the gelatin to dissolve. No idea what that would turn into... Maybe I'm wrong though?

I have completely substituted baking soda for any kind of toothpaste for the past few weeks and my teeth have never been cleaner or whiter (I'm not even doing the oil pulling). It did make my gums sensitive for a few days. No sensitivity now. Yours could also have been from the lemon's acidity.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dude, I've also backed off the fruit because my IBS was wrecking my head. Im still pounding the dairy but topping up with shellfish. So difficult to know what to do. I bet the aloe caps will help you though, since your problem is constipation (I wish we had a ABV for that )

Also, Derp just recommended pregnenolone in my journal - he said it relieves stress and brain fog. Might be worth trying instead of the nopepts?

And, I'm really glad you had dinner at your friends! There's no point in being so strict. One meal isn't gonna do anything, and life is for living, wha? I ate cheap ice cream and pork sausages (probably laced with sawdust) over the weekend, and my gut is no worse than normal

- Ray Peat