Page 111 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 111

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Weezer - Make Believe

311 - Greatest Hits . I know, not an actual album. Their version of Love Song is one of my favorite songs evah.
    Nice.

We briefly discussed The Cure / 311's version of that song a while ago. I like both versions.

In other news, the man sitting behind me on the bus smells like a Taco Bell burrito that's been left to sit out in the sun :/
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

diene is offline Senior Member
    How do you know what a Taco Bell burrito that's been left in the sun smells like?

Please don't make me discuss painful memories. Thank you.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Some of their music can be a bit... harsh... but not so much with that album in particular, so if you were to give them a second chance, I'd recommend it.

I've heard some of that Manchester album but I've yet to listen to it in its entirety. I will do so.

8ish days away, Zach. At least have the decency to quote me correctly if you're going to minimize my feelings like that! You know, it is just like a man to have zero compassion for what we go through. I mean, I just don't understand why you need to be so cruel all the time

Sorry about that, Z-bear, sweetie. I love you <3 I am getting my period in, like, 7ish days so you understand if I'm a little moody Seriously, though, changes in appetite are fo real.... You just wouldn't understand! *sob*

What is your opinion on Sublime with Rome? I've only heard what they play on the radio and it's fine. I do think its odd they kept the name.
    Silly women and their feelings.

It think they should have formed a new band because there is no Sublime without Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Silly women and their feelings.

It think they should have formed a new band because there is no Sublime without Bradley.
    I agree, man. On both accounts.

I ate vegetables today and it felt SO GOOD (not to my tummy) but I ate the thai food I ordered last night for lunch today - garlic chicken with broccoli and rice. It was so delicious and I had much better energy afterwards than I did all morning before lunch. I was already bloated as hell (haven't had a real BM in the past few days) and I'm sure it only contributed but I missed vegetables so much </3

I think I'm entering into that week before my period (real facts, Zach) where I'm constipated and bloated no matter what I do. None of my preventative measures that keep me going work once I'm already backed up, like coffee, carrots, magnesium, etc. So should I just buy some enemas to have ready? I mean, what else can I do? <- not a rhetorical question. If anyone has advice....

And my appetite has picked back up but I've been slow on the uptake, eating very little food during the day and getting very hungry at night, so I need to adjust by eating more during the day. Glad everything's back to "normal"

Track 3: Dark Center of the Universe

I'm not the dark center of the universe like you though.
    Well it took a lot of work to be the ass that I am
    and I'm really damn sure that anyone can equally, easily, fuck you over.

If you can't see through thin air then what the hell's in your way?

Last edited by ombat; 07-31-2013 at 10:20 PM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Try aloe vera juice for constipation. Seriously

Also, favourite album: Most of the current music I listen to is minimal techno in single format. For downtempo stuff, Nicohols Jaar "Space is only noise" is pretty cool. For most classical stuff, Nihs Frahm's "Felt" is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Try aloe vera juice for constipation. Seriously

Also, favourite album: Most of the current music I listen to is minimal techno in single format. For downtempo stuff, Nicohols Jaar "Space is only noise" is pretty cool. For most classical stuff, Nihs Frahm's "Felt" is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
    I'll try to find those caps Ci was talking about later today. Otherwise I'll try the juice. Apparently it's powerful stuff...
    ETA: the coffee perform its duties minimally this morning but I'm still so bloated. Being starving this morning and eating a huge breakfast didn't help...

Thanks! I'll take a listen in a bit when I'm procrastinating at the office.

Yoyo, I really enjoyed Frahm's "Felt"! Thank you for that.

Today's ramblings are brought to you by...

I am so proud of my body and its hunger signals *pats self on the shoulder patronizingly* Last night I went on a ravenous rampage - pillaged and practically raped my entire food cache that I had brought to my cousins' with me for the week in the span of one hour. In order to save food for lunch today I resorted to eating spoonfuls of sugar mixed with cocoa powder dampened with maple syrup after I had gone through everything else (tuna, eggs, mangoes, etc.). It was actually quite tasty; I think I will do it again. It felt a bit out of control at first but once I settled into it I knew exactly what I wanted and exactly when I had had enough. It was a wonderful experience, really, after having zero appetite last week. I finally came to an understanding about why I felt so uncomfortable with said lack of appetite: I didn't feel alive. Going to town on such a large amount of food made me feel like I was living. The dead don't eat. Appetite is healthy.

I am not so constipated either, which is a miracle. I didn't try aloe yet because (enough) coffee and possibly B3 is helping tremendously.

My energy hasn't been terrible for the most part, either. However I seem to have crashed in the past hour and am now drooling at my desk, watching the crossfitters outside my window NOT notice the stick figure of a man doing snatches that I drew on said window with a dry-erase marker in all my delirium.

Tack 4 will come later. I have more to say. Lucky for y'all.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Om, that made me think of when I'm finally going to have my 'eat everything in sight' moment. I kinda feel that I'm in a 'quiet before the storm mode'. Wow, that's one metaphor too many. I got some (supposedly good quality) maple syrup today and was curious to try it. Now, even more so