Page 108 of 138 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 108

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Skin, digestion, energy, restriction.... When I'm restricting and feeling good, that's one thing. When I'm restricting and not feeling so good, that's another. There will always be times when I'm not feeling great - there have just been so many and for so long I don't have the patience. I'm sick of trying so hard and caring so much. Thanks, Yoyo.

I'm sure it's a combination of many things, exacerbated by many things. Hard to pinpoint when there are no constants.
    Think about it this way. You had a few weeks of really good energy. Your stomach was so flat that you were considering dermarolling and cupping (oh wait, that was me )

What do you feel deprived from eating?

Also, maybe your energy has started to crash because you've been undereating? As you know, last week I didn't eat for two days, and when I took a shower some hair fell out. I hadn't lost hair in the shower in at least four months. Two days of restriction did that. True story.

That could also effect your skin!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Think about it this way. You had a few weeks of really good energy. Your stomach was so flat that you were considering dermarolling and cupping (oh wait, that was me )

What do you feel deprived from eating?

Also, maybe your energy has started to crash because you've been undereating? As you know, last week I didn't eat for two days, and when I took a shower some hair fell out. I hadn't lost hair in the shower in at least four months. Two days of restriction did that. True story.

That could also effect your skin!
    Haha, well weird thing is that I've been pretty bloated all week despite eating very little... so even that was peeving me mildly.

I don't feel deprived really, I just hate having to think about what I'm eating. I mean, for the past week I haven't wanted to eat anything, but every so often I think, hey, a banana would be really fucking nice right now. Or some rice. Or some coconut curry.

I thought of that also, except I have eaten more in the past 2 days than I have eaten all week. Maybe it just took until now for it to catch up with me?

Ah, everything will be okay - I just get into moods. But I'm about to go visit my friend's daughter's pet bunny (they had to give her away a few months ago and I guess they're going to go visit her wherever she is now) so I'll be all smiles soon haha. So capricious. I just told my friend that I'd be more than happy to jump down her rabbit hole- er, I mean, pet her bunny- no, that doesn't sound right either. Gosh :/
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Haha, well weird thing is that I've been pretty bloated all week despite eating very little... so even that was peeving me mildly.

I don't feel deprived really, I just hate having to think about what I'm eating. I mean, for the past week I haven't wanted to eat anything, but every so often I think, hey, a banana would be really fucking nice right now. Or some rice. Or some coconut curry.

I thought of that also, except I have eaten more in the past 2 days than I have eaten all week. Maybe it just took until now for it to catch up with me?

Ah, everything will be okay - I just get into moods. But I'm about to go visit my friend's daughter's pet bunny (they had to give her away a few months ago and I guess they're going to go visit her wherever she is now) so I'll be all smiles soon haha. So capricious. I just told my friend that I'd be more than happy to jump down her rabbit hole- er, I mean, pet her bunny- no, that doesn't sound right either. Gosh :/
    I understand - the bloating really pisses me off too. I'm extremely bloated right now, and have had the you-know-whats for like three weeks... so you know I know!

That sucks. I actually feel the opposite. It's so liberating not to cook anymore! And I'm so happy just eating a variety of fruit. I actually think I need a bit more meat but I've just been too lazy to cook it. But, why are you being so strict? I think that's counterproductive. I had some sushi and a glass of wine last night. Sure, I don't want to eat starch anymore, and I don't want to drink as much either, but as soon as I felt myself thinking "Oh, I can't have sushi cos of the rice", that decided it for me - I was going to eat it! Honestly, if you really want some rice or coconut curry, then have it!

Remember ages ago we talked about exercise, and its effect on energy? We noted that whether we exercised or not, we would still get tired. I would always try to be gentle with myself so that I wouldn't stress myself metabolically and crash. Then one month ago I said "fuck this. If I'm going to crash anyway, I may as well exercise as much as possible while I have energy!" I started running every day. And I haven't crashed once since then. Weird, right? The thing I was avoiding was probably the thing that I needed.

Not saying that you need starch or whatever, but just give yourself a break and stop being on a diet to "get better". Stop thinking of yourself as sick. Just eat in a way that you know makes you feel good, and if you want other stuff, eat it! And just be prepared that it might effect you, but you may suffer those effects irrespectively!

You'll come to decide if the effects are worth it or not. I did it with bread last month.

My current stance on overeating is that it's not good When I think back on EAT, and how little energy I had, it confirms it for me. So yeah, I think not eating much, and then eating a lot could effect your energy. After my two day "fast" last week, I was really careful to starting eating again gradually.

No comment on the bunny... Rabbit is tasty though
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I understand - the bloating really pisses me off too. I'm extremely bloated right now, and have had the you-know-whats for like three weeks... so you know I know!

That sucks. I actually feel the opposite. It's so liberating not to cook anymore! And I'm so happy just eating a variety of fruit. I actually think I need a bit more meat but I've just been too lazy to cook it. But, why are you being so strict? I think that's counterproductive. I had some sushi and a glass of wine last night. Sure, I don't want to eat starch anymore, and I don't want to drink as much either, but as soon as I felt myself thinking "Oh, I can't have sushi cos of the rice", that decided it for me - I was going to eat it! Honestly, if you really want some rice or coconut curry, then have it!

Remember ages ago we talked about exercise, and its effect on energy? We noted that whether we exercised or not, we would still get tired. I would always try to be gentle with myself so that I wouldn't stress myself metabolically and crash. Then one month ago I said "fuck this. If I'm going to crash anyway, I may as well exercise as much as possible while I have energy!" I started running every day. And I haven't crashed once since then. Weird, right? The thing I was avoiding was probably the thing that I needed.

Not saying that you need starch or whatever, but just give yourself a break and stop being on a diet to "get better". Stop thinking of yourself as sick. Just eat in a way that you know makes you feel good, and if you want other stuff, eat it! And just be prepared that it might effect you, but you may suffer those effects irrespectively!

You'll come to decide if the effects are worth it or not. I did it with bread last month.

My current stance on overeating is that it's not good When I think back on EAT, and how little energy I had, it confirms it for me. So yeah, I think not eating much, and then eating a lot could effect your energy. After my two day "fast" last week, I was really careful to starting eating again gradually.

No comment on the bunny... Rabbit is tasty though
    I started being so strict after I realized how negatively starch affects me. I'm certain that some sushi rice would not bother me (or might bother me for negligebly short period), but right now feeling my best means more to me than eating something that "sounds good".

I'm glad you figured that about exercise. I had been running or doing some for of exercise every day during the past week and feeling great about it. Saturday my energy was low but I forced myself to go run anyway. About four blocks down the street my limbs felt heavy and I started having trouble breathing, so I walked for a while instead. When I got home my leg hurt for the rest of the day. I've been treating my body as its own, sentient being separate from my mind that was it telling me to back the fuck off. Since then I've been sort of groggy. I'm probably just making excuses.

I should clarify, my "eating more" the past few days was eating 2k calories ONE day instead of the 800-1400 I had been eating and have gone back to eating, so it's difficult for me to think it was "all that food I ate" haha.

I've tried multiple times to go off a diet to make me feel better and then I feel like shit and it just isn't worth it. Not to me. So I don't know what to do. And I'm not going frutarian.... *squints at Zach*

Thank you for always being so thoughtful <3

It's my pleasure girl... <3

I wasn't suggesting that you come off the diet. Not at all. I honestly think that you're onto something with it. Keep eating like this, but if you want to eat something else, then do. You know like if a friend wanted to lose weight, and went on a diet, would you tell him / her that they could never treat themselves? That they had to be 100%, or all their efforts would come undone? It's the same for us. Have the treats - they will make you feel better about being on the bandwagon.

(I was just using the exercise as an example to illustrate a point btw The point was: Don't try to avoid crashing. It will probably happen anyway. Do the things you know benefit you, and take the crashing in your stride).

- Ray Peat

It's my pleasure girl... <3

I wasn't suggesting that you come off the diet. Not at all. I honestly think that you're onto something with it. Keep eating like this, but if you want to eat something else, then do. You know like if a friend wanted to lose weight, and went on a diet, would you tell him / her that they could never treat themselves? That they had to be 100%, or all their efforts would come undone? It's the same for us. Have the treats - they will make you feel better about being on the bandwagon.

(I was just using the exercise as an example to illustrate a point btw The point was: Don't try to avoid crashing. It will probably happen anyway. Do the things you know benefit you, and take the crashing in your stride).
    Was just about to edit my last post to add just that... I know it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I would just like to figure out what makes me feel best before I decide to deviate from it. Y' know? I think I'm getting there.. god how many times have I said that before? D:

Was just about to edit my last post to add just that... I know it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I would just like to figure out what makes me feel best before I decide to deviate from it. Y' know? I think I'm getting there.. god how many times have I said that before? D:
    I getcha...

Well, only you know what's truly worked in the past, and what hasn't. Sometimes you need to take a step back to try and evaluate. It might be worth thinking about what things have definitely helped you. Deep down I'm sure you know.

I'm not asking you to list them right now (but you can if you want )

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Actually i think you should go liquidarian, maybe just IV a bag of fructose.

Pains me to admit it Yoyo but... I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Actually i think you should go liquidarian, maybe just IV a bag of fructose.
    I'm not above kicking. I will kick you.

In other news,
    Ate pork and chocolate today. Pork doesn't bother me. Chocolate does...
    Last edited by ombat; 07-30-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    That's just wrong
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant