Page 107 of 138 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 107

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, the universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.

Appetite came back last night - not quite in full force but enough that I ended up with 2k cals by the end of the day which is significantly more than I had been eating for the past week. Unfortunately, this morning the nausea is back. Mrrr.

I'm not back-tracking I swear
    I've been trying to convince myself for the past few months that food intolerances aren't real, that all my problems are just digestive related (which would explain intolerances but whatever). However, when I was doing elimination diets some time ago the one thing that I was fairly certain bothered me were nightshades. In a 6 month period I ate potatoes 4 times and each of those times resulted in a 24 fever of 100 deg. Also, tomatoes and spices seemed to almost instantly put me to sleep but since I always felt like shit it was hard to tell.

After various attempts to "heal" my stomach potatoes stopped resulting in fevers so I assumed I was fine. Flash forward to this week and I noticed that after I used ketchup or cholula as a condiment I became very sleepy. But I'm eating foods that I'm pretty sure don't cause me to crash when I eat them without those condiments. So am I still having an issue with nightshades? Or, more likely, is my gut still not healed enough to tolerate these foods? More experimenting is needed...

Anxious Dreams Abound
    1. Real life BG story: My mama was on a VLC paleo diet for a few months and lost a ton of weight. She looks amazing. For the past couple of months she's been just plain ol' LC and is still having success. Last night I dreamt that she came to me because she was putting on inches and didn't know what to do. I went into a tizzy trying to decide whether I should tell her to go VLC again because it would give her results even though it might not be the best decision health-wise, or whether to tell her she should keep the carbs up even though it might make her gain weight. If this actually happened I would probably tell her to go back to L-erC since she feels fine on it (I think LC is different for post-menopausal women) but the dream seemed to me to be about my own health. I might be able to find a diet to help my stomach, but it won't be a sustainable one (or at least that's what I fear). I can't seem to stop struggling with this balancing act.
    2. Had another dream that I was visiting friends in Hawaii (I really have an inordinate amount of friends from Hawaii..) and two of my friends were there to meet me at the airport. In real life I had sexual experiences with both of these friends but am not sure if either of them knew about the other. In the dream they seemed not to and they were both acting typically for themselves in that situation. Back to real life, I have a lot of secrets swirling around at the moment that I do not feel good about. That situation in particular doesn't bother me - they were just casual experiences - but it might have been a symbol for the situations that are bothering me right now. Problem is, I can't "come clean" about any of them without creating bigger problems.

Other:
    Digestion has been good for the past couple of days (since eating carrots at night) despite bloat being present.
    Acne is still clearing up! Scabs still there but that's my fault :/
    Temp has been great all week despite eating so little; been noticing how warm my hands have continued to be.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hey, I'm not Derp, but I read this review: Dermaroller review

So I guess you shouldn't just buy any random one. I ended up buying this: OwnDoc dermaroller - OwnDoc webshop I got that one cuz I have some acne scars on my nose and chin that I want to get rid of. I'm not using this for wrinkles (not yet anyway--most of my wrinkles are under my eyes, and I don't think I can bring myself to roll that area). The nice thing about this website is that it tells you what kind to buy for what purpose. I was confused about the different needle lengths and needle configurations, but this website explains it to you. They ship from Europe so the shipping ended up being $11 for me. But it might be cheaper for you?
    WOw - thanks for all that info! Unforunately I bought one today. It was only 20 quid so it's probably not the best one But at least now I can look and see for sure.

I'm gonna make a post in a few days about anti wrinkle treatments - been saving up all the info for one big post! Stay tuned, oldies.

Ombat, have you noticed a pattern with your acne at all? From what I've read, it seems to go in flare-up, heal cycles..?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

I'm gonna make a post in a few days about anti wrinkle treatments - been saving up all the info for one big post! Stay tuned, oldies.
    Lol! *Sob*

Ombat, have you noticed a pattern with your acne at all? From what I've read, it seems to go in flare-up, heal cycles..?
    When I had acne, it went in cycles too. And when I went to the dermatologist, she agreed with me that it went in cycles, but she said that the cycles are random and unpredictable. She said that people think they can predict it (like it correlates with their period or whatnot) but that they're wrong. I could never predict mine. My breakouts did not correlate with my period so I guess the dermatologist was right as far as I could tell. But I dunno though. She was good for prescribing meds when I got desperate, but I wouldn't really trust her medical opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    When I had acne, it went in cycles too. And when I went to the dermatologist, she agreed with me that it went in cycles, but she said that the cycles are random and unpredictable. She said that people think they can predict it (like it correlates with their period or whatnot) but that they're wrong. I could never predict mine. My breakouts did not correlate with my period so I guess the dermatologist was right as far as I could tell. But I dunno though. She was good for prescribing meds when I got desperate, but I wouldn't really trust her medical opinion.
    It does go in cycles. I thought I saw a pattern - right before ovulation and right before menstruation, but maybe not, according to Di's doc. Though it's hard to say definitively since there are always other variables: changing diet, changing regimen, etc. One thing I do notice is that it gets significantly worse the more... backed up I am. Really. Guess those toxins needs to find a way out somewhere. So I don't think it's just hormonal.

Energy:
    Has not been great the past 2 days. Not crashy terrible but not good enough to make me want to move my butt.

Digestion:
    Little idiot, hopeful me thought that maybe carrots were enough to keep my bowels moving without coffee, but no. Upon waking I drank my gelatin in cold water, had breakfast, and nothing. So I decided to drink my coffee afterwards. Now I'm just bloated and angry. Well... I guess that part isn't really news.

Dairy:
    I haven't eaten any in the past week and I don't think I'm going to go back to eating it. 1) It just doesn't appeal to me - never has and I doubt it ever will. 2) I think it was causing me to re-gain weight. I'll have to get my calcium elsewhere.

In.... related news, I can feel myself spiraling back into some sort of obsession with all of this... with a complete opposite of "fuck it"....with self pity, victimization, and anger regarding it all.

What's that riding on your everything?

.... it isn't anything at all.
    Last edited by ombat; 07-30-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Become a fruitarian, final answer.

You fucking with me, son?

I don't think more restriction is the answer. Right now I'm only eating meat and fruit as it is.

Zach is offline Banned
    Meat is murder, yo.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I can feel myself spiraling back into some sort of obsession with all of this... with a complete opposite of "fuck it"....with self pity, victimization, and anger regarding it all.]
    I'm sorry to hear that dude What's "It all"? Skin, digestion, energy?

Regarding skin: when I had acne it was constant: my face was never clear. When it went away I used to get spots on either side of my chin, once a month, like clockwork... so that was hormonal. Interesting that you're seeing a link with your digestion!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Meat is murder, yo.
    I can't even... right now..

I'm sorry to hear that dude What's "It all"? Skin, digestion, energy?

Regarding skin: when I had acne it was constant: my face was never clear. When it went away I used to get spots on either side of my chin, once a month, like clockwork... so that was hormonal. Interesting that you're seeing a link with your digestion!
    Skin, digestion, energy, restriction.... When I'm restricting and feeling good, that's one thing. When I'm restricting and not feeling so good, that's another. There will always be times when I'm not feeling great - there have just been so many and for so long I don't have the patience. I'm sick of trying so hard and caring so much. Thanks, Yoyo.

I'm sure it's a combination of many things, exacerbated by many things. Hard to pinpoint when there are no constants.