Page 106 of 138 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 106

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Mmm hmm

I'm interested in that exfoliant; I feel like I'm constantly raking dead skin off my face (sorry). Interesting (and clever) that it contains bromelain. Do you think I could make my own bromelain topical treatment?
    I've been had!

You could, I'm sure.

Derp, you never fail to surprise me...

DId you buy one? Is it painful??
    Is that a good thing?

I did. It stings a little, but it's a pleasant feeling.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Is that a good thing?

I did. It stings a little, but it's a pleasant feeling.
    It's definitely a good thing. I hate predictability

Okay, because I take all your beauty suggestions very seriously, I think I might buy one! Do you think it's necessary to get an expensive one? I found this cheap one.

I'm literally a few days away from getting a consultation about wrinkle fillers and am looking for an excuse not to do it (even though I really want to).
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Om, the only thing that clears my face almost instantly is seawater.
    I wonder if I could recreate it at home with sea salt?

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Om, the only thing that clears my face almost instantly is seawater.
    I wonder if I could recreate it at home with sea salt?
    And whale semen

Interesting! Seawater is very effective at healing wounds. I wonder if it's drying properties help acne as well? That would be a great idea for an experiment - wash your face with salt water and see what happens. Be careful to monitor that it doesn't dry your skin to much. Salt water is quite a bit more alkaline than skin.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    And whale semen

Haha, that was probably the unknown active ingredient

I am positive you can find it online.

Oopdate:

Nuffin new really. My nausea seems to be gone (again) but still no appetite. Positive I ate less than 1000 kcals yesterday despite drinking a 20+ oz Jamba (mango peach pomegranate nomz) which resulted in gassiness for the remainder of the day just like it did the last time I had one. Guess my tummy doesn't like being bombarded with massive amounts of blended fruit. Note taken!

I'm no longer concerned about my lack of appetite. My body is just doing it's thing. The only concerning part is when I do feel hunger but for some reason I can't bring myself to eat. I am waiting, however, for the moment when my body goes "IM HUNGRY NOW!" and I eat an entire pig + five pints of ice cream in one sitting but it hasn't happened yet.... Last night I was having trouble falling asleep and, realizing it was because I was a bit hungry, got up and had some chicken. I was positive it was going to trigger some crazy hunger and I was going to have some massive feast in my kitchen at 12am in the dark but it didn't happen. I ate my chicken and went to bed. *shrugs*

I am experiencing very distinct signals from my body about what it does and doesn't want me to eat (when it does want me to eat). First it was the nausea felt when I thought about only certain foods and now just a very distinct, "eat fish now- now eat maple syrup- stop- eat mango- now chicken-" I remember Yoyo experiencing something similar not too long ago?

Carrots; I've been eating a few at the end of every day because I'm holding onto the belief that they're getting rid of toxins or whatever and I have noticed that my BMs are much better the day after I eat some carrots vs the days I do not. The indigestible fiber, ne?

Mmmm what else....
    Energy: Great and still getting in exercise because of it!
    Acne: Been using niacinamide as a mask and seems to be working. My face still looks like a wreck but there is no "active" acne atm...

Last edited by ombat; 07-28-2013 at 11:24 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I do get very strong signals about what to eat... My problem is that I have eaten compulsively for so long that I can't really distinguish when I'm truly hungry...

I had a thought about your nausea. Your belly has been flatter than ever lately, right? Do you think it's possible that the nausea is from a bacteria "die off"? (*YB gets visual image of Derp and Zach laughing hysterically at that phrase *)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

That's a significant step and great that you're still experiencing it. I think the rest will come to you in time.

I actually have been pretty bloated this week despite how little I've eaten. If "die off" is real and happening then that would be predicted. Bacteria or yeast dying off, releasing gas or toxins or whatever, making me more bloated and nauseous. I used to believe in die off but I'm not sure anymore... Neither belief nor disbelief.

I have visuals of Derp and Zach laughing at me all the time

diene is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    It's definitely a good thing. I hate predictability

Okay, because I take all your beauty suggestions very seriously, I think I might buy one! Do you think it's necessary to get an expensive one? I found this cheap one.

I'm literally a few days away from getting a consultation about wrinkle fillers and am looking for an excuse not to do it (even though I really want to).
    Hey, I'm not Derp, but I read this review: Dermaroller review

So I guess you shouldn't just buy any random one. I ended up buying this: OwnDoc dermaroller - OwnDoc webshop I got that one cuz I have some acne scars on my nose and chin that I want to get rid of. I'm not using this for wrinkles (not yet anyway--most of my wrinkles are under my eyes, and I don't think I can bring myself to roll that area). The nice thing about this website is that it tells you what kind to buy for what purpose. I was confused about the different needle lengths and needle configurations, but this website explains it to you. They ship from Europe so the shipping ended up being $11 for me. But it might be cheaper for you?