Page 10 of 138 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1379

Thread: Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show page 10

  1. #91
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    So you've basically cut back on meat, veggies and fat? God forbid! I wish my bloating was responding as easily - no matter what I eat I inflate. Food in ---- pooooof ----> goes my belly.

    Why did you lose the potatoes? They seem to be one thing that don't bloat me!
    I know, I should be hanged for such a thing. Zach recommended low on the starchy stuff (other than rice) for a time. I know for certain that a small amount of sweet potatoes doesn't bloat me, but I usually overdo it because I'm so hungry and then... poof! Now that I seem to actually be assimilating nutrients I doubt I would feel the need to over-consume them.

    I've been paying attention to what you've been eating since you started complaining of bloat to see if I could notice a pattern or something that stood out to me but it doesn't seem like you're eating any differently than you had been before the bloat. Maybe you should take a day to fast or just drink juice and bone broth. Give your digestion a break and have a clean slate to start with?

  2. #92
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I know, I should be hanged for such a thing. Zach recommended low on the starchy stuff (other than rice) for a time. I know for certain that a small amount of sweet potatoes doesn't bloat me, but I usually overdo it because I'm so hungry and then... poof! Now that I seem to actually be assimilating nutrients I doubt I would feel the need to over-consume them.

    I've been paying attention to what you've been eating since you started complaining of bloat to see if I could notice a pattern or something that stood out to me but it doesn't seem like you're eating any differently than you had been before the bloat. Maybe you should take a day to fast or just drink juice and bone broth. Give your digestion a break and have a clean slate to start with?
    Actually bloating is a constant occurrence in my world... so I never thought to monitor it til I noticed you were! It's a good idea. Everything seems to baloonify me though I don't know how I feel about fasting. I have thought about it, but mostly because I want to start loosing weight, so I'm scared I'll just be going back to my old ways...

    It's great that you're noticing positive changes with this! What makes you think you're assimilating nutrients now?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  3. #93
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Actually bloating is a constant occurrence in my world... so I never thought to monitor it til I noticed you were! It's a good idea. Everything seems to baloonify me though I don't know how I feel about fasting. I have thought about it, but mostly because I want to start loosing weight, so I'm scared I'll just be going back to my old ways...
    Giant food obsesser over here *raises hand* and a 24 hour fast (which I've only done twice) never made me anxious or binge. It actually made me feel more in tune with my body's hunger signals. I won't push you to do it, but I think spending a day without food (or just broth) might actually be pretty relaxing for you. Are you afraid that you're going to continue to restrict?

    It's great that you're noticing positive changes with this! What makes you think you're assimilating nutrients now?
    One is my decreased hunger and the way I'm responding to food. Before, although I rarely felt very hungry, I ate massive quantities of food and never seemed to be satisfied. Or if there happened to be food in front of me I'd eat it no matter what. I'd chalked it up to emotional reasons, but now I eat a bit and I'm full. If I'm preparing food for later but I'm not hungry, I don't eat it. It seems doubtful that I resolved some strange emotional eating habits in a week, especially since I'm stressed beyond belief right now and I'm usually a "stress eater".

    Second is something I'm mentioning in today's journal entry which is that I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror, and actually saw a healthy looking person staring back at me.

  4. #94
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Monday, April 29

    Food/Digestion:
    AM:
    - Salted carrot juice
    Late AM:
    - Eggs fried in coconut oil, salmon with skin, rice + enzymes and 1 HCL pill
    Afternoon
    - Maple Mate™ ….jokes.
    Late Afternoon
    - orange (juice only)
    - garlic herb chicken sausages, rice cake + 1 HCL
    - little coconut ice cream
    Late evening:
    - Little chicken, rice, couple spoonfuls of sweet potato
    - Orange (juice)

    - HCL Fail. A little burning with the HCL pill this morning and burning again this afternoon accompanied by gas. I never have gas (I'm a lady!) but seriously, never gas… Ah, this is mildly disappointing. So something else is causing the bloating that I'm still experiencing…
    - Bloat gone this morning, increasing a little throughout the day like usual.
    - BMs still somewhat loose and irregular.

    Thirst:
    Very thirsty and urinating frequently despite salting my water (and now my tea and juice)

    Sleep/Energy:
    - Slept 11-7:45. I was in bed by 9:15 last night but must have caught a second wind…
    - Energy crash (even after the mate) but picked back up rather quickly

    Temp:
    - Waking: 97.2
    - 6pm: 98.1

    Face (idk):
    Like I mentioned, I looked in the mirror this morning, and dare I say it? I think I actually saw a 21 year old. Bright eyes, clear(ish) skin, and it looks like I've had a face lift! knew I was too young to look like Droopy…

    Brain Fog:
    I could barely take notes in class… Couldn't remember what my prof had said moments after she said it. I've always had bouts of trouble like this but it was extremely noticeable today.. And making it very difficult to complete the loads of work I have..


  5. #95
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Giant food obsesser over here *raises hand* and a 24 hour fast (which I've only done twice) never made me anxious or binge. It actually made me feel more in tune with my body's hunger signals. I won't push you to do it, but I think spending a day without food (or just broth) might actually be pretty relaxing for you. Are you afraid that you're going to continue to restrict?



    One is my decreased hunger and the way I'm responding to food. Before, although I rarely felt very hungry, I ate massive quantities of food and never seemed to be satisfied. Or if there happened to be food in front of me I'd eat it no matter what. I'd chalked it up to emotional reasons, but now I eat a bit and I'm full. If I'm preparing food for later but I'm not hungry, I don't eat it. It seems doubtful that I resolved some strange emotional eating habits in a week, especially since I'm stressed beyond belief right now and I'm usually a "stress eater".

    Second is something I'm mentioning in today's journal entry which is that I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror, and actually saw a healthy looking person staring back at me.
    Well, the problem with fasting is that I've done it a lot (ie. starved myself). Primal was really bad for me in that regard cos' the IFing gave me a reason and rhyme to not eat. I regularly did 48 hour fasts... then I would binge for two days: do another 48 hour fast, binge for another two days. Can you imagine? What a hellish way to live.

    I had the exact same response to my emotional eating habits! I think the "eating a ton" n=1 has been really beneficial for a lot of us, and returning to a more balanced, non-restrictive woe seems to augment what was learned. I'm conscious however, that it's easy to change: what's difficult is not changing back But that also depends how deeply ingrained bad habits are. I'd love to say I'm over my ED, but it may be another year before I can honestly say "I don't binge anymore" and maybe another two years before I can say "I don't have issues with food".

    Interesting about your HCl experiment - I had something similar when I was taking the tabs: they made me burp. Does this mean we don't have low HCl???

    Cool tune btw - thanks for sharing
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  6. #96
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    If you're interested, this is my brain stack:

    64oz coffee + espresso shot(this can obviously be lowered to a reasonable amount of caffeine, I'm just a nutcase) with ample amounts of sugar and cream
    Organic rolled tobacco
    High dose b1(very important, goes well with tobacco and coffee to boost circulation to the brain)
    Pregnenolone power 50mg
    t3 half a grain
    Noopept(probably most important, this thing is very, very powerful)

    Few cool things about noopept: it stimulates the expression of two important proteins, nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). Which means it can generate new brain cells quickly.

    What I've noticed from noopept is increased efficiency of memory storage, recall, awareness, better speech, less anxiety, less depression(big thing for me, I'm usually very depressed) and even better sleep(vivid images before sleep, helps when relaxing, since I'm actually able to picture things I want to, puts you in a very relaxing state)

    I recommend the powder, but you can take tabs since noopept is basically glycine and proline linked together, with a phenylacetyl group esterified to the proline, making it a small peptide that doesn't get destroyed before it's used by your digestive enzymes and stomach acid.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 04-30-2013 at 01:52 AM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  7. #97
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Well, the problem with fasting is that I've done it a lot (ie. starved myself). Primal was really bad for me in that regard cos' the IFing gave me a reason and rhyme to not eat. I regularly did 48 hour fasts... then I would binge for two days: do another 48 hour fast, binge for another two days. Can you imagine? What a hellish way to live.

    I had the exact same response to my emotional eating habits! I think the "eating a ton" n=1 has been really beneficial for a lot of us, and returning to a more balanced, non-restrictive woe seems to augment what was learned. I'm conscious however, that it's easy to change: what's difficult is not changing back But that also depends how deeply ingrained bad habits are. I'd love to say I'm over my ED, but it may be another year before I can honestly say "I don't binge anymore" and maybe another two years before I can say "I don't have issues with food".

    Interesting about your HCl experiment - I had something similar when I was taking the tabs: they made me burp. Does this mean we don't have low HCl???

    Cool tune btw - thanks for sharing
    I understand if you've had a bad experience - I agree you wouldn't want a repeat. "...it's easy to change: what's difficult is not changing back" beautiful and so true. We are ever evolving and devolving. I agree that the "eat a ton" had its benefits but it was just another extreme. Balance is so elusive.

    I don't know man, but I'm not going to push it. What's odd was that this was the first time I experienced the burning. I could take 7 pills before and never experience burning.

  8. #98
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    If you're interested, this is my brain stack:

    64oz coffee + espresso shot(this can obviously be lowered to a reasonable amount of caffeine, I'm just a nutcase) with ample amounts of sugar and cream
    Organic rolled tobacco
    High dose b1(very important, goes well with tobacco and coffee to boost circulation to the brain)
    Pregnenolone power 50mg
    t3 half a grain
    Noopept(probably most important, this thing is very, very powerful)

    Few cool things about noopept: it stimulates the expression of two important proteins, nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). Which means it can generate new brain cells quickly.

    What I've noticed from noopept is increased efficiency of memory storage, recall, awareness, better speech, less anxiety, less depression(big thing for me, I'm usually very depressed) and even better sleep(vivid images before sleep, helps when relaxing, since I'm actually able to picture things I want to, puts you in a very relaxing state)

    I recommend the powder, but you can take tabs since noopept is basically glycine and proline linked together, with a phenylacetyl group esterified to the proline, making it a small peptide that doesn't get destroyed before it's used by your digestive enzymes and stomach acid.
    I've been researching nootropics for a while but have needed a push to try them. Thanks, Derp. What are your recs on dosage?

    Can I snort it? Otherwise, I'm not interested.

  9. #99
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I've been researching nootropics for a while but have needed a push to try them. Thanks, Derp. What are your recs on dosage?

    Can I snort it? Otherwise, I'm not interested.
    You can snort it, I recommend sublingual though haha

    Also, 50mg is a good starting dose, I take up to a gram a day.

    Pure Noopept Powder in Bulk | BulkSupplements.com

    Better for cost ratio
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  10. #100
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You can snort it, I recommend sublingual though haha

    Also, 50mg is a good starting dose, I take up to a gram a day.

    Pure Noopept Powder in Bulk | BulkSupplements.com

    Better for cost ratio
    Fine... It's just... I have all these straws and nothing to do with them.

    50 really? I've read 10-30mg is a good starting point, especially for someone my size. 1g? Christ.
    How long have you been taking this?

    Last day deal: 10g for $31.95

Page 10 of 138 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •