Thread: HIIT kicked my butt...is it ok to train while this sore? page

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member

HIIT kicked my butt...is it ok to train while this sore?

Shop Now
    Did a pretty intense HIIT work out 2 days ago. I don't usually do cardio so this is a bit new to me. I had lifted pretty heavy the day before that and was a little sore already. Now I am really hurting and its my usual work out day. Is it okay to lift heavy again or will I hurt myself? I'm trying to step up my routine so I thin out a bit for a summer trip to Hawaii ....so missing a workout kind of defeats the purpose of adding in the extra work out after my last lifting session !
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, thanks, that did help! I did some yoga and feel a little better :-)
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    You should definitely keep moving, but not working the muscle groups that are sore until the day after they STOP hurting. You'll just increase your risk of injury and impede your progress. You should notice more difference in your muscle building when you have recovery days.

I wrecked myself after a HIIT session too. Spent the next day walking (at work, in house etc), but didn't do anything else until 3rd or 4th day.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I like to wait until after I've had a day free of pain before repeating the activity that caused it.