Thread: Homemade mayo page

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member

Homemade mayo

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've finally succeeded in making homemade mayo. Two whole times in a row! This feat was accomplished on my desk in the library - after hours. Don't bother to ask WHY I was doing THAT THERE. I would love to try using sweet pickle juice (the "no sugar added" kind) as the acid, in place of the lemon juice or vinegar. Would this work? I stopped throwing away my past mayo failures and started turning them into salad dressing instead so nothing would be lost if the mixture didn't emulisfy. Any suggestions before I give this a go? Need to wait for a time when the library is empty, it's hard to hide the sound of a screaming hand blender. I, also, plan to post this over in the Nutrition forum. I need to make more today and if it's a "no-go" I can do it the regular way.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I've finally succeeded in making homemade mayo. Two whole times in a row! This feat was accomplished on my desk in the library - after hours. Don't bother to ask WHY I was doing THAT THERE. I would love to try using sweet pickle juice (the "no sugar added" kind) as the acid, in place of the lemon juice or vinegar. Would this work? I stopped throwing away my past mayo failures and started turning them into salad dressing instead so nothing would be lost if the mixture didn't emulisfy. Any suggestions before I give this a go? Need to wait for a time when the library is empty, it's hard to hide the sound of a screaming hand blender. I, also, plan to post this over in the Nutrition forum. I need to make more today and if it's a "no-go" I can do it the regular way.
    To answer my own question . . . Yes! it works. The mayo does taste a bit sweet but I love both Miracle Whip and mayonaise. Emulsified just beautifully!