Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The six-day diet? page

Hux
    Hux is offline Junior Member

The six-day diet?

Primal Fuel
    Hey all, got another question for you. At work the other day I was talking with a client and somehow primal/paleo eating came up. H was telling me that he's on what he called the six day diet. Basically, he's very, very strict primal for six days out of the week, but on the seventh, he doesn't care. If he wants some pasta, he'll get it or has a craving for a big mac, he'll go for it.

I'd never heard of anything like that, so I just wanted to get the forum's thoughts on it.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Wouldn't work for me, but if it works for him...

little vase is offline Senior Member
    If he doesn't care about labels (being Primal, not being Primal) and it seems to work for him, why not. He seems to recognize what he's doing as a diet tool, and not a lifestyle change, and maybe that's what he needs right now.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Basically what I do.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Recommended by Tim Ferris. Taken apart (somewhat) by Mat Lalonde on Robb Wolf's podcast

http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/up...Episode-68.pdf (pages 19 and 20)

If a weekly treat day motivates someone to eat well most of the time, then of course that's superior to eating crap 7/7.

Personally, I prefer to have my treats as and when something awesome is offered to me, rather than scheduling a day for it.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    The results will depend on what they're actually eating. Everyone's deviant foods look different.

I believe a feast is a positive metabolic stimulus--a lot of cultures seem to have this built into the weekly routine. I would never waste it on fast food though.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    The degree to which my eating is 'primal' varies from day to day. But this isn't a diet and I'm not on a diet.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I usually do one meal per week that breaks the primal rules (cheeseburger usually). It makes dinner a lot easier that night and it seems to be working for me so far.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I also generally allow myself one non-primal day per week. I don't always use it, but it's there if I want a little pasta or (eek) a sandwich on sourdough. I don't go apeshit; no whole pizzas, no eating from morning 'til night, etc. Basically, since I don't have any food allergies or bad reactions to a specific food, it just eases my mind to know that once a week I can have a little something I love but know isn't healthy on a daily basis.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I usually do one meal per week that breaks the primal rules (cheeseburger usually). It makes dinner a lot easier that night and it seems to be working for me so far.
    Do you find that you are still losing weight... (if thats your goal?)

I'm grain+corn intolerant.. so if I have a day of not eating my normal routine it's still "primal" haha. I make everything including pizza crust, brownies, etc.. all primal friendly so I just eat those things.. Obviously, I don't eat that everyday! but those are nice things to splurge on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast