Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz to talk about Paleo Diet page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I won't see this, but it will be interesting to read about how the show went.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Bad bad bad. All those diet-of-the-week folks temporarily driving up the price of pastured and organic foods. Here's hoping he warns everyone to stay low fat and blows the whole presentation of it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Bad bad bad. All those diet-of-the-week folks temporarily driving up the price of pastured and organic foods. Here's hoping he warns everyone to stay low fat and blows the whole presentation of it.
    Word up.. nothing wrong with round up sprayed GMO's, or food that eats GMO's. Right?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    haha valid points... I was kind of hoping that it would make our community larger and more powerful against the organizations that try to keep us down... I don't like Dr. Oz and have never watched his show, but I know people who find him to be very influential (who happen to have autoimmune diseases) and I'm hoping they watch. I'll DVR it so I can see what he has to say, but having talked to a friend who was a guest on this particular episode, it sounds like it is a very short discussion of what paleo is and barely hits the high notes.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Last time a "Paleo" convenience food (a cookie) showed up, it was driven into the ground. Hopefully even the newbies will notice whenever a "Paleo" convenience food is torn apart and avoid it like the rest of us.

We just have to not buy them. If we don't buy them and even condemn them, the companies make no profit and will have to eventually give up. It means Paleo will make SLOW progress into the mainstream, but that the progress will keep it whole and healthy.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

I've talked to people who have viewed it and they all have positive things to say about the segment. Hopefully this publicity helps to bring Paleo/Primal up a few notches and more people join the tribe.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was great.. Fabulous points made and Dr. Oz was impressed.

Paleobird Guest
    If that episode become available on the net, I would be interested to see it. If anybody has a link, please post.

Paleobird and all others,

Here is a link to yesterday's segment. I was also impressed.

Paleo Diet Craze: Does It Work? | The Dr. Oz Show

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I had turned on OZ last week or on the weekend out of boredom. It was a show about dairy sensitivity. Doesn't he state 2 of the primal rules during the show. One was lift heavy things and the other was get some sun light everyday.. Still think he's a hack

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast