Thread: PB & hangovers? Weird experience yesterday page

tfarny is offline Senior Member

PB & hangovers? Weird experience yesterday

Shop Now
    I've been fairly solid PB for 2+months and hugely benefiting in all the ways everyone knows about. In my younger days, I used to do some fairly long nights of drinking once in a while, and I was always the one with the worst hangover in the morning. Cut to my late thirties and that kind of thing is very rare now. Yet a friend came in from out of town the other day that I hadn't seen for 4 years who now lives on the other side of the globe, short version: we ended up doing a full dusk to dawn NYC drinking night out. Heaps of fun, but I hadn't had that much alcohol (more than 12 drinks? who knows really, at some point early on there were multiple tequila shots) in a really long time. I also didn't take any vitamins or rehydrate before sleeping - I was lucky to make it to my bed. Sometimes "play" conflicts with "avoid poisonous things" what can I say.

I expected a brutal and persistent headache, stomachache, dry mouth, general weakness, absolutely nasty bowel movements, and etc. Instead I slept till noon, had a slight headache that went away gradually by itself, went for a 3 mile walk as normal, had a bit of weakness and general slowness of course, but no awful bowels/stomach problems to speak of. I ate very primally including some very good yoghurt in the morning. Honestly I think I've had worse days pre-primal with 1/4 the alcohol. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar story - I know most people on here are super healthy and never binge drink though. Just curious. I keep finding ways to love this way of eating & living.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a lot of fun, and a good reason to have a 20 percent night.

From an organ perspective, your liver is what deals with getting rid of alcohol, along with other toxins, and 500 other functions in the body ha. But since going PB, I can safely assume the amount of toxins (chemicals, additives, preservatives, pesticides, stress, ect...) has been reduced. Well that would not only lighten the load of the livers' task, but also improve liver health.

Improved organ health means you eliminate toxins better, so it could be that.

Here's the problem with most people drinking:

Already toxic body + strong toxin = non-functional next day

You:

recovering body, less toxic + strong toxin = semi-functional next day

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Interesting... I found my hangovers to be the same, if not worse, following PB. Sometimes I would instantly get a headache from drinking a few beers, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the grains. Good for you though, wish I could say the same!

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Beer and I don't get along since PB.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I actually didn't drink any beer at all - from what I can recall, it was wine, tequila, strong mixed drinks, more wine, then more mixed drinks. I have almost cut beer out entirely from my diet, my drinking is way down in general - when I do I have wine, cognac, or the occasional not-sweet cocktail.

Ali
    Ali is offline Member
    Hmm, wish I could say the same! I will say however, that I usually get depressed after a night of drinking and carb eating and since PB, the depression the next day is definitely, noticeably less or non existent!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I actually didn't drink any beer at all - from what I can recall, it was wine, tequila, strong mixed drinks, more wine, then more mixed drinks. I have almost cut beer out entirely from my diet, my drinking is way down in general - when I do I have wine, cognac, or the occasional not-sweet cocktail.
    So it sounds like you consumed almost no sugar or carbs and just a lot of alcohol. Definitely the healthiest way to binge drink. Maybe the absence of carbs and sugar means your body could concentrate on processing the alcohol easier.