Thread: going primal, finding peace page

AMC
    AMC is offline Senior Member

going primal, finding peace

Primal Fuel
    Well, here goes nothing.

A quick run-down: My goal is to find bodily peace. Something I can't say I've ever had in my 23 years of life. Growing up I was a happy, energetic and active kid. I always had a big smile on my face and just loved life. By age 10, I started to get a little chubby, nothing extreme. By 14, I really started to notice my extra weight. I was a ballet dancer, 6 days a week in a leotard and tights, in a room filled with mirrors and pre-pubescent girls who looked like stick figures compared to me. Enter eating disorder that made the next 6 years a blur. From doctors appts, therapists, being hospitalized, and getting through college while maintaining composure.

However, my sophomore year of college, I was ready to recover. And I did. I was diligent with my meal plan, therapist appts, and restoring my weight. After I reached my target weight, my body didn't stop. Despite eating less, exercising, all that. Flash forward to this year (and an additional 25 lbs)- and being diagnosed with hypothyroidism (finally after seeing a million doctors). About 6 weeks ago I started taking thyroid hormone, along with additional supplements for various deficiencies (ferritin, vit D, vit B).

So here I am. 5'2", 140 lbs (probably 25-35 lbs more than necessary on my small frame), ready to find the place where my body is meant to be. I'm almost 24 years old and have been from one extreme to the next in terms of weight. I'm ready to find some middle ground, some peace, so I can move on and enjoy my life to fullest without this burden that drags me down everyday.

AMC
    AMC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So my primal adventure is going well so far but DANG i'm struggling with low blood sugar. I've always had it and would "feed" it with carbs. Now without sugar, and slightly less carbs, I realized that i'm totally a "sugar burner" and am eager to become fat adapted ASAP. Anyone have struggles like this? Tips on how to make it through or make the process go faster?