Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: I don't want to use barbells but I want to get strong. page 6

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I train BJJ several times a week, so I'm "accidentally" following this advice (there's no better mobility/flexibility training I'm aware of), but still wonder how one could lose the ability to move through a full range of motion by doing compound barbell lifts over a full range of motion.
    Full range of motion or not; strength training shorten the muscle facia(s) and connecting tendons. Training antagonist muscle and/or streching may help somehow..

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Full range of motion or not; strength training shorten the muscle facia(s) and connecting tendons. Training antagonist muscle and/or streching may help somehow..
    Are you telling me that squatting deep will inhibit my ability to squat deep? That deadlifting will make me unable to bend over and pick things up off the floor? Does not compute.

Are you telling me that squatting deep will inhibit my ability to squat deep? That deadlifting will make me unable to bend over and pick things up off the floor? Does not compute.
    As usual you seem to be more interested to pull up a random strawman than to learn something about basic human physiology! Is benchpress a compound exercise, and what happens very often to those benchpress "bros" that forget to train their antagonist back muscles?

As usual you seem to be more interested to pull up a random strawman than to learn something about basic human physiology! Is benchpress a compound exercise, and what happens very often to those benchpress "bros" that forget to train their antagonist back muscles?
    Enlighten us.

Enlighten us.
    The same that happens to typical nerds that sits too much in front of a computer, shortening of muscles and tendons related to pectoralis major, pectoralis minor, deltoid anterior etc. and a physiological imbalance that makes a perfect set-up for a muscle or tendon tear...

quikky is offline Senior Member
    The same that happens to typical nerds that sits too much in front of a computer, shortening of muscles and tendons related to pectoralis major, pectoralis minor, deltoid anterior etc. and a physiological imbalance that makes a perfect set-up for a muscle or tendon tear...
    Gorbag, you're arguing against a self created argument again. Who said you should train only one side of the body?

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Gorbag, you're arguing against a self created argument again. Who said you should train only one side of the body?
    Why don't you ask your "brother in arms" RichMahogany about that? He's argument seem that if it's only full range motion then everything is well, which it's not (Cf. post 51).

dabears is offline Member
    I don't think anybody here is advocating an imbalanced barbell training regime.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears View Post
    I don't think anybody here is advocating an imbalanced barbell training regime.
    Of course you're right, but Gorbag likes to find way to contradict every single thing I post, regardless of how much straw he's already used up. He's got some weird man-crush on me. It's understandable.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Of course you're right, but Gorbag likes to find way to contradict every single thing I post, regardless of how much straw he's already used up. He's got some weird man-crush on me. It's understandable.
    Maybe he's got a thing for barbell-built bodies?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast