Thread: PB for April in Texas page

PB for April in Texas

This is actually mine and hubby's eighth day being Primal. According to some comments I've seen on the forums, it seems we're not FULLY primal because we're not just eating protein, we're still eating fruit, veggies, and nuts. But according to the version of Mark's book that I read, we're doing ok.

Hubby has lost I think 5+ pounds and I've lost 3-4 since we started last Sunday, May 2.

What we don't eat - grains, pasta, processed sugar, oatmeal (frown), no more biscuits, no more gravy...no more choclate candy bars every day...

What we typically eat...
    Norwegian Salmon, chicken, lean beef. Fresh cauliflower, fresh spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, sweet potatoes (not all organic - tight budget, but all locally grown from our farmers market). Fruit - pears, strawberries, blackberries. Heavy cream in coffee and on berries, honey for any sweetener needed. Almonds, smoked salmon, olives for snacks when necessary.

Exercise is still minimal if you consider hubby's manual labor minimal exercise...and I garden continually, and walk a lot. But, other than that and hiking maybe once a week, we haven't started an exercise regime.

Yesterday was the first Sunday I can ever remember when I didn't feel like I NEEDED a nap. My energy is much better than it has been in years. No indigestion/heartburn any more. No hives. More positive attitude and outlook.

JStrick is offline Senior Member
    With the diet you'll fine that it just gets kinda tuned to your own way of living and preferences. Some people enjoy more veggies and such, and some people feel they don't need that in their diet. Glad to have you on the forums though

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks! I enjoy these forums a lot. It's like going to church...it's a constant reminder to be good!