Thread: TWO WEEKS! and blue nails? page

magrok is offline Junior Member

TWO WEEKS! and blue nails?

Shop Now
    Hi, my husband and I started the PB two weeks ago today and are finally getting on the Forum to say hi and lurk around . It's been great so far, although we have found a few questions along the way: The first, most pressing: Has anyone ever had their fingernail beds turn blue? Not the whole bed, just the moon. It appears in searching the web this may have to do with a lack of oxygen. We wondered if anyone else has experienced this during their carb flu? Thanks for the support, the recipes and the general excitement this site (and you who've posted) offers. On to week THREE!

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Magrok, welcome to the site! As for the blue nails, I do get this on occasion myself, although the frequency for me decreased when I started Primal. I've not visited a doctor about it, as it tends to be mild and doesn't interfere with my day to day, but look into Raynaud's syndrome and see if maybe that fits?

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    check if any other areas seem bluish - your tongue and look at the colour of your bottom inner eyelid if they are nice and pinkish then its probably a bit of peripheral cyanosis and is likely just due to the change in diet particularly if it both fingers and toes. warm them a little and do some mild exercise of the affected limbs and get the blood flowing a bit.
    If anywhere else is blue you should probably get it checked

magrok is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. We checked on Raynaud's...Oh my goodness, thank heavens it doesn't look anything near that much! Tongue and eyelids look good. We believe it's probably due to change in diet too...his body just getting used to pulling energy from sources other than carbs I guess?

Anyway, we're still going strong into week three. Just tried cauliflower mashed, tasted like awesome creamy mashed potatoes. And the chocolate walnut brownies in the main Primal Cookbook. Can't believe how much we can still eat and be loooooow carb!

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    iodine anyone?

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Are you feeling short of breath with the blue nails? Recent chemical exposure? If there are any other symptoms with the cyanosis, get it checked out.