Thread: Calculate my macronutrients plz! page

goinggrok is offline Senior Member

Calculate my macronutrients plz!

Shop Now
    Ok, I am so confused. I am trying to figure out what my macros should be, cause I am not dropping weight despite being pretty low carb. What am I doing wrong?

Female
    weight 170
    mild to mod active 2 x per week lifting, 1-2 x zumba per week, 5 min of sprinting before lifting per week
    So far I got 1878 calorie intake
    to lose 1 lb a week I have 1378 calories

Now I don't know how to break it down any further to get how much I need for fat, protein, carb intake? I think I am too high on the fat intake.

Can someone help me please?!?!

Last edited by goinggrok; 04-21-2013 at 11:27 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    What you do is go to a free diet site like my fitness pal where members can enter the food they eat each day. The site does all the calculation for you, all you have to do is weigh or measure accurately.

Thank you, but I am still confused
    The book does a breakdown into grams...per your weight and lean muscle mass. I am unsure how to get that #???
    Will a diet site do that for me?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goinggrok View Post
    Thank you, but I am still confused
    The book does a breakdown into grams...per your weight and lean muscle mass. I am unsure how to get that #???
    Will a diet site do that for me?
    Oh, so you did read the book. Well protein is .7g/lbs of lean mass. You need to know your general body fat % to get that. If I just guess that your around 30% then that would make your lean mass 119lbs... so take that times .7 and you get 83g of protein for a moderately active person.

So you got 83g protien 50-100g carbs for weight loss and the rest is fat. But like the book says it's really not about micromanaging. Have protein at every meal with plenty of veggies and stay under 100g of carbs/day is pretty much the no brainer way.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    60/30/10 c/p/f

maybe for better results 50/40/10, I make sure I get 100g+ of protein now a day because of fatigue from physical activity. you'd be fine with 80. I find that when I'm highly active fat feels like such a burden on my productivity, a huge slowdown that makes me sluggish and tired(fat works to slow protein and carbs from entering the bloodstream)
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Oh, so you did read the book. Well protein is .7g/lbs of lean mass. You need to know your general body fat % to get that. If I just guess that your around 30% then that would make your lean mass 119lbs... so take that times .7 and you get 83g of protein for a moderately active person.

So you got 83g protien 50-100g carbs for weight loss and the rest is fat. But like the book says it's really not about micromanaging. Have protein at every meal with plenty of veggies and stay under 100g of carbs/day is pretty much the no brainer way.
    Yes I read and reread the book in bits and pieces. You are pretty bang on for BMI of 30 give or take 1%
    Ok so I need 83 g of protein a day...I try and stay under 100 gram today I am sitting at approx. 42 grams of carbs....what is the fat based out of 100% today I am approx. 89 grams of fat....I am so bad at this calculating stuff....I just don't quite understand it. I thought that maybe I am getting too much fat because I am not dropping the weight considering I am being at least 85-90% primal...up until now I didn't calculate this stuff. I figured I am not doing something right so I want to try calculating this for the rest of the month...Thank you for your help!

Also what make me think that I am getting too much fat...the book says "Note, however that I give you an inch and you take a mile--pounding high fat foods all day "as directed by Mark Sisson"--you will not succeed in losing weight either...I think I am in this category? I eat bacon every day...hmmmm bad I am now thinking.
    Last edited by goinggrok; 04-21-2013 at 06:46 PM.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    BMI is different from a body fat %

For example, my BMI is 19 and my body fat is 26% of my weight.

What do you eat in a typical day?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dacec View Post
    my BMI is 19 and my body fat is 26% of my weight.
    Yikes.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by goinggrok View Post
    Also what make me think that I am getting too much fat...the book says "Note, however that I give you an inch and you take a mile--pounding high fat foods all day "as directed by Mark Sisson"--you will not succeed in losing weight either...I think I am in this category? I eat bacon every day...hmmmm bad I am now thinking.
    That very well could be. Primal really relies on the satiety factor of eating highly nutritious foods so that you don't have to rely so much on "self control" and calorie counting. Some people do find that they have to count though, and you may just be one of them. So if your not losing like you think you should be try counting and look to make sure your stress is low and rest is good. Good luck!