Thread: god son/ nephew diagnosed to have surgery for thyroid cancer, need advice page

Aili is offline Senior Member

god son/ nephew diagnosed to have surgery for thyroid cancer, need advice

Shop Now
    Hello all
    My god son (also my nephew) has just had a diagnosis of thyroid cancer, a 1.5 cm lesion close to the thyroid. Other than that I do not know what else as he awaits a surgeon's call. He is already a survivor from massive surgery for osteosarcoma 2 years ago (now 26 yrs). I know re LC or VLC eating/ starving cancer cells, and have been checking everything I can on the Net. Paleo/primal eating for has been great and I see some benefits for him if he rids himself of the sugars, grains, etc. I do not know if he will listen to me though and as I can imagine, he must have a lot on his mind right now and likely more than enough people giving him advice.

Has anyone had experience with this type of cancer and paleo/primal? Does anyone have great resources that I (we) can review? Thanking each person in advance.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Look up the fasting article Mark wrote a while ago. There seems to be a link between fasting and getting through treatment more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Look up the fasting article Mark wrote a while ago. There seems to be a link between fasting and getting through treatment more easily.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

Paleobird Guest
    I don't have experience with that particular kind of cancer but I have reached the five years post breast cancer mark where one is officially pronounced "cured".

I highly recommend the book of Dr. Seyfried called :Cancer as a Metabolic Disease. If you would like the "Cliff's Notes" version, he has been interviewed on the Jimmy Moore Livin La Vida Low Carb podcast and Dr. Georgia Ede on her blog, "Diagnosis: Diet" has done a very cogent breakdown of this very dense technical work.

I wish your nephew healing.

Thank you Paleobird

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I don't have experience with that particular kind of cancer but I have reached the five years post breast cancer mark where one is officially pronounced "cured".

I highly recommend the book of Dr. Seyfried called :Cancer as a Metabolic Disease. If you would like the "Cliff's Notes" version, he has been interviewed on the Jimmy Moore Livin La Vida Low Carb podcast and Dr. Georgia Ede on her blog, "Diagnosis: Diet" has done a very cogent breakdown of this very dense technical work.

I wish your nephew healing.
    Thanks so much. I shall check this resource out.