Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low carb page 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I would not worry about it... sounds like it is working for ya!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Nawww! LC is 100 - 150g, VLC is 50 - 100g, Ketosis is <50g.

In any case, I don't think the definitions are based upon individual body response. Instead when you find the carb range best for you, and have changed the range, change the name with it. That way we could all mean the same thing.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I would say, if you go low carb, it would be best to go ketogenic. I don't feel too good in the "fuel mode limbo" (fat or carb for daily energy expenditure). Since high carb makes me fat (not as lucky as many), I go full blown ketogenic most of the time so I keep carbs under 30g / day (don't know the precise figure, sometimes, it is 0 or less than 5g). Running on ketones (brain and to some extent muscles) makes me feel really good! But some folks on the same regime feel like crap, not sure why ...

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    I would say, if you go low carb, it would be best to go ketogenic. I don't feel too good in the "fuel mode limbo" (fat or carb for daily energy expenditure). Since high carb makes me fat (not as lucky as many), I go full blown ketogenic most of the time so I keep carbs under 30g / day (don't know the precise figure, sometimes, it is 0 or less than 5g). Running on ketones (brain and to some extent muscles) makes me feel really good! But some folks on the same regime feel like crap, not sure why ...
    I'm still convinced that many on Ketogenic that feel like crap have never really addressed their carbohydrate dependency. Now this dependency has varying degrees, and activity level plays a huge role as well (If you crossfit 5x week and say, "I feel like crap on Ketogenic diet" then yeah, cause you're not participating in a healthy activity level...)

But I believe that a healthy, functional body should do just fine on ketones. Everyone is different, but at the same time how do we know if all of these "keto sucks" people aren't still dependent on glucose to some degree? Or, like I said, maybe they're just trying to fuel an unhealthy activity protocol with ketones? It's an iffy subject with a lot of people chiming in with their n=1 experience, which turns out isn't very helpful because of all the possible variables at play.

Another important, often overlooked variable, is that if you're ketogenic on a crap diet of CAFO beef and nutrient poor nonsense then which one is causing you to feel like crap?

The variables are endless.

trew is offline Junior Member
    To clarify, how are people measuring their carbs (weighing every day?). I'm fairly new to Primal eating, and have basically cut grains completely and potatoes etc. The majority of my carbs come from vegetables, which I eat freely (ie typical meal portions with a protein). Is it seen as possible to eat too much veg? (dark green stuff etc)
    Last edited by trew; 04-22-2013 at 11:04 AM.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trew View Post
    Is it seen as possible to eat too much veg? (dark green stuff etc)
    I don't think you can have too much green veggies.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by trew View Post
    To clarify, how are people measuring their carbs (weighing every day?).
    I enter my food on a diet site that does the calculation for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12