Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Articles on the efficacy of weight training for women? page 9

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    SBHikes, people like Staci are the what, 1% ers.? Most women would probably be very happy looking like you.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the point is to be the best you can be and keep improving. I doubt I could ever look like Staci, my skin won't allow it. I don't give a shit. I just want to look better than I do now.

I don't know, maybe I have some weird thing about muscular women that carry normal (that 24-25%) body fat.... but I think they have some of the best looking bodies and what more, they age better than the skinny no muscle women and don't look as hard the lean, muscular women.
    I'm not complaining about how I look. I am happy with how I look. But I do understand that there are many who would look at me and think to themselves man that lady ought to stop stuffing donuts in her pie hole and get some exercise. Little would they know I kick ass and a donut hasn't passed my lips in several years.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I think 24% looks great, though my goal is less than that. But 24% body fat is not really "normal". Rather, it is leaner than average. The average woman is already at 25-31% body fat.
    I didn't know that. I don't know what my body fat is actually. Probably in the 25-31% range. I don't really worry about it that much unless my clothes start to get tight. Then I know I've overdone it on the wine and chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    I think you look great!
    Thanks!

I've even been decorating my body lately and that makes me feel even better about it, which is kinda weird.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    But I do understand that there are many who would look at me and think to themselves man that lady ought to stop stuffing donuts in her pie hole and get some exercise.
    Those are called bitches with eating disorders. They need to move to North Carolina. If I recall... you are in an affluent part of California. In the rest of the US.... no one sees you at Walmart and thinks you are eating too many donuts. Trust me.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    But I do understand that there are many who would look at me and think to themselves man that lady ought to stop stuffing donuts in her pie hole and get some exercise.
    I don't think anyone would look at you and think that, unless they're crazy. I must admit that I have had thoughts like that when looking at some people (it's mean and judgmental, I know), but the people who evoke those thoughts are usually two or three times your size.

Oh, and I don't think your thighs look big at all. They kind of look the same size as mine, and I've never thought of my thighs as big. Maybe other people do? If so, they can go jump out a window. My problem is entirely with my waist/belly area. Anyhow, this is quite off topic.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789