Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much dark chocolate per day? page 3

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not to hijack, but I am like Kathleen...I actually have trouble eating enough calories each day. I could easily skip dinner most nights as well, at most I eat very small portions in the evening. In trying to stay low carb I am finding it difficult to eat enough. I would definitely puke eating 6 eggs, forget a dozen!

Jovana is offline Member
    Could easily eat a whole block of 85% in a day.... I usually eat a row then have a break for a while and go back for more. Usually I eat half the block and save the other half for the next day. I'm definitely a chocolate addict! At least it is my only food related vice!

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Very odd, indeed. Did you take any antibiotics or otherwise possibly change your gut bacteria in that time? Any major events that seemed to correlate with your lowered appetite?
    Interesting. When I was 19, 20, and 21 I got a series of 6 bacterial infections which required antibiotics to be taken for a few days. I think it was the same infection coming back, maybe. By the end of it my antibiotic dose was upped so much it was for 2 weeks, 2 times per day, to take antibiotics.

Interestingly enough, the last time the infection came back, I was vacationing in Mexico. I went to the doctors there, and they gave me a shot of antibiotics. But, to differ from the American doctors, they prescribed me 2 weeks of PRObiotics. I haven't had it since (knocks on wood).

So yes, derailed post aside, there was a major event involving antibiotics which occured right around the age my appetite caved (though I don't have an exact month/year of when that occured, just gradual).

On the bright side I guess I get to save a lot of money on food. Feeling full doesn't feel good, at all, to me. It feels bad, actually.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Z0oom is offline Member
    I love chocolate, but I dislike all of the random lecithin, oils, milks, and sugars put into it.

For now, my favorite chocolatey treat is raw cocoa nibs, grinded into a powder, and mixed with date paste and coconut oil. MMMMmmmm

Yeal is offline Junior Member
    While selecting dark chocolate to reduce weight please keep in mind few things like:

-Make sure the chocolate contains 60% cocoa.
    -The chocolate should be made from cocoa butter instead of fats such as palm & coconut oils.
    -The chocolate should not contain hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
    -Darkers is better: phytochemicals contribute to pigment. More flavonoids means darker chocolate and potentially greater health benefits.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z0oom View Post
    I love chocolate, but I dislike all of the random lecithin, oils, milks, and sugars put into it.

For now, my favorite chocolatey treat is raw cocoa nibs, grinded into a powder, and mixed with date paste and coconut oil. MMMMmmmm
    What are you grinding the nibs with? Food processor?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123