Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much dark chocolate per day? page 2

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    27894_571036782930370_2040600057_n.jpg

Post workout meal with a good book of Skulduggery Pleasant.

Tis the good life <3

sqidmark is offline Member
    WOW! A whole Lindt 85% bar has lasted me about a month so far, and still going. I just break off little shards now and then. And to think I was afraid I was over doing it...LOL!!

Moritsuna is offline Junior Member
    Well since I honestly just started eating dark chocolate for health benefits (And I am an adoring dark chocolate superfan) I will admit I have eaten 1 bar a day for the past few days, but my face has stayed clear from any new breakouts.. Damn I love this stuff, haha

little vase is offline Senior Member
    It takes me a couple of weeks to go through a bar of 85% or higher. It occurs to me right now that I always lose weight when I eat chocolate. I guess I should eat more chocolate.

Yesterday I had 3 squares of chocolate, a giant handful of almonds, and some coconut chunks. I made Almond Joys in my mouth. And today I lost two lbs. Hmmm. I kind of just realized the connection while typing this. Last time I had an Almond Joy party in my mouth I lost weight too.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yep, whole bar like photo above is just fine. I do that 2-3 times a week when I feel like it.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ciep is offline Senior Member
    I tend to eat a full bar almost every day. Been liking G&B's 85%, same one as in AngryKiwi's pic above.

kathleen is online now Senior Member
    1 bar of dark chocolate per day?

In my experience, the darker the chocolate, the harder it is to eat "too much."

I have never been able to consume an entire bar of chocolate in one sitting, especially dark chocolate. I just don't understand how that's possible. I have had dark chocolate bars go bad before I could finish them. I'm well into a chocolate coma after like 3 pieces.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

1 bar of dark chocolate per day?

In my experience, the darker the chocolate, the harder it is to eat "too much."

I have never been able to consume an entire bar of chocolate in one sitting, especially dark chocolate. I just don't understand how that's possible. I have had dark chocolate bars go bad before I could finish them. I'm well into a chocolate coma after like 3 pieces.
    This sounds like some kind of aversion or allergy. I can easily eat lots of baker's chocolate, cocao nibs, or high-quality super dark chocolate with abandon. Same is true for meat nuts,, fruit, and most other food except starchy food. Are there any other foods you have trouble eating? Can you eat a dozen eggs at least? I'm just curious. People with small appetites fascinate me. I've always been a garbage truck.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

kathleen is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    This sounds like some kind of aversion or allergy. I can easily eat lots of baker's chocolate, cocao nibs, or high-quality super dark chocolate with abandon. Same is true for meat nuts,, fruit, and most other food except starchy food. Are there any other foods you have trouble eating? Can you eat a dozen eggs at least? I'm just curious. People with small appetites fascinate me. I've always been a garbage truck.
    It is possible, and likely, that all the dark chocolate I have failed to finish in the past could have contained soy lecithin (I have a soy allergy) maybe that was the aversion. Either way, I don't think I could finish a whole bar in one sitting. I just get sort of 'sick' of it, I guess my stomach is full?

No I cannot say I have ever tried eating 12 eggs. I'll usually have 2 or 3, along with a couple strips of bacon, and be satisfied till lunch time. I probably do have a small appetite or something. I certainly don't have a steak allergy, but I was once served a 1 pound steak, and failed to finish it. I ate like half. Had the rest for breakfast the next day .

However, I did actually used to be a 'garbage truck.' When I was a teenager, I recall the ability to completely kill a 16" pizza single handedly. I have no idea where I put it, as I weighed in at about 120 pounds during those years (I'm tall). I was also known as 'the vulture' among my friend group in high school, as I constantly raided refrigerators, took free handouts at lunch, and ate ate ate to my heart's content. One friend's mother even though my parents did not feed me enough at home, and that I was just starved. Nope. Just a huge appetite, and a metabolism to follow.

That, however, completely tanked once I hit my 20s. If I ate a 16" pizza I'd probably add 16" to my waist line.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Very odd, indeed. Did you take any antibiotics or otherwise possibly change your gut bacteria in that time? Any major events that seemed to correlate with your lowered appetite?

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast