Thread: New and dedicated (...and breastfeeding) page

Danzy is offline Junior Member

Question New and dedicated (...and breastfeeding)

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone,

I'm D, 31 from NY. I'm a mom to a 10 month old that is still breastfeeding (going to start weaning in 2 months) and we are going to start trying for our next baby shortly thereafter.

I'm new to this way of eating (as in...decided today after reading that it IS safe for breastfeeding mamas) and just looking for more information and support. This site and forum is incredibly helpful and inspiring.

My husband did atkins a few years ago and went from 305 to 240. He maintains around 250 doing his own weird...low carb high carb "thing." I can't follow his lead though so I'm glad I've found this site. I'm a bit of a sugar addict and it shows on my mushy belly and low energy level.

I'm curious...will this way of eating impact fertility at all? And while pregnant, is it safe to continue this way of eating, as long as I'm getting a nice high amount of total calories?

Thanks in advance for any insight/advice/answers.

D

vidic07 is offline Junior Member
    Hello and Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay here for a long time.
    Last edited by vidic07; 04-24-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Danzy. Primal is wonderful for nursing and pregnancy. I'm sure Mark has posted on the topics. I don't have the links but you should be able to find them.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.