Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Receuperating from tongue and lymph gland cancer page 2

elsberg1 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you for the great information on Vit D. I am first going to see if the VA will start adding the Vit D blood test to the remaining blood work they will be doing on me. Hopefully they will also supply the supplements if they are available in a medical version. If not, I will do what it takes and get back to my belief in living in harmony with nature and following my alternative beliefs when it comes to the whole concept of health and healing.

Thanks. I am already there and have lived that way for most of my life with some exceptions.

Thanks. I can see that there are some tricks to learn.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The VA generally resists testing 25(OH)D levels. My uncle has been after them for a few years and can't get it done. He just caved and ordered the ZRT test which is a home finger stick test and is exceptionally reliable. Another friend had to do some pushing but was able to get it done.

The supplement does come in a medical version, typically a 50,000 IU capsule to be taken once a week. It's too much for a few people, but not for most people. If they will supply it, then *insist* that they retest your levels again in 4 months, then again 4 mos after that to insure you're between 50-80 ng/mL.

Also, if they use Quest or LIASON (the kind of test Quest uses), please recognize that there could be major problems with their test and the results are very likely not valid.

Best to you,
    Katherine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12