Thread: Cajun Broiled Tri-Tip page

TanyaV is offline Senior Member

Cajun Broiled Tri-Tip

Primal Fuel
    I first cooked tri-tip a couple of months ago and fell in love! Now whenever it's on sale, I pick up at least a couple of roasts. This is one of my favorite ways to make it.

Family Chow 3/28/13 - With Cajun Broiled Tri-Tip & Cauliflower Mash Recipes | FEED THE CLAN

Here's a recipe for another favorite marinade of mine. I've made it a few times this way and it's garlicky and delicious! For a 3 1/2-4 pound roast, you will need:

2 tsp granulated garlic
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp salt
    18 grinds of black pepper
    7 sprigs of fresh rosemary
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    1/2 cup garlic infused avocado oil (see instructions below)

Combine the spices and rosemary in a small dish and then rub all over the meat. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least an hour. Take the meat out an hour prior to broiling to get it to room temp. Combine the vinegars in a small bowl and then slowly whisk in the oil. Pour 1/2 of the oil mixture on top of your meat and rub it all over. Broil for 10-14 minutes (depends on thickness), flip, pour remaining marinade over top and broil for another 10-14 minutes. Let it rest for 10 minutes.

Garlic Infused Avocado Oil

1/2 cup of avocado oil
    5 cloves minced garlic

Combine in sauce pan and cook over medium low heat until garlic just starts to brown. Let cool and use in marinades, salad dressings, etc.
    Last edited by TanyaV; 04-21-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds good.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial