Thread: trader joe's brand salmon oil page

primal pete is offline Senior Member

trader joe's brand salmon oil

Shop Now
    180 1000mg capsules for a about 8 bucks is a great deal for a fish oil supplement, especially for those on a tighter budget. I tried doing research to figure out if these are good quality fish oil pills or if I'd be better off saving for the good stuff.

Here are the nutrition facts:
    Ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, purified water, salmon oil 1000mg softgel, omega 3 fatty acids (from salmon oil); EPA 120 mg, DHA 80 mg

epa and dha are lower than Mark's brand...though I don't really know what to make of it.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    So you get 200mg omega 3?! You would have to take 5 to even get up to 1g!!! I would rather just eat a $1 tin of kippers and get 1.5g omega 3 AND like 20ish grams protein and fat!

PS when I dont eat kippers (lol) I take Carlson Fish Oil, fyi.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that's kind of weak on the content.

A tip is to get something with an antioxidant like vitamin e (mixed tocopherols usually) because EFAs by themselves have little protection and mean ol' mr oxygen can come to ruin the day.

Man I hate that guy.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Personally, Im a fan of Mr. Oxygen. He helps me though my daily life. His sinister cousin, the oxygen anion or even worse, the wee little free radical... man now they are killer.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    I figured there's a reason it is so cheap. I'll just eat a few a day until I finish it off then find a different brand.