Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best way to consume intestinal flora? page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Raw tripe?

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I'm surprised no one has said this, but drop the hard to digest vegetables! No broccoli, brussels sprouts, etc. in addition to the probiotics (add slowly as to not make constipation worse) and magnesium citrate (at least 200-400 mg each day). Insoluble fiber is extremely constipating, contrary to CW. When you're digestion is better, slowly add back in these veggies and assess your reaction.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Thanks everyone for replying.

Cryptocode, are you going by how long I've been a member on here? I started PB about 6-7 months ago, but fell of the wagon big time. I started again only about a month ago. And I think I've been constipated since then.
    Exercise? The bare minimum of my walking is 2.4 km walks 3 times a week, but I usually do a bit more then that. I do karate twice a week which is seriously strenuous, and sometimes an hours bike ride on saturdays.
    I weigh about 114 lb. I think.

I'll pick up some kefir, and see if I can find this inner eco, and Calm. Thanks!
    Yes, I though you'd been on PB longer and therefore would have been past constipation before.

1. Stop considering weight. At all. First you need to correct/adjust your body's health.
    2. Use a nutrition tracker. Paleotrack.com is very easy. Pick a level of macro %s normal for you and stay there.
    3. Now, this is what I did to end a 6 year constipation problem and it worked beautifully. Be strict about paleo until the constipation is gone. Start working with supplements. This is what works for me, per day:
    3 Probiotic, 3 Omega-3, a packet Damage Control, 2 Glucosamine, 1 iron, 800mg Vit. D
    I have perfect daily poops, according to the poop scale, with no straining or pushing.

It will surely be different for you. It took me 4 months and lots of N=1 experiments. Now I also know that it takes about 2 months of perfect paleo for my body to adjust from terrible SAD. You pobably won't need Glucosamine, that's for joint pain.

Your question was about gut bacteria. Your body doesn't 'consume' it. It has a very short life span. Half your poop, at least, is dead gut bacteria. What you want to do is get rid of bad bacteria. There are two ways to do it. Either empty out all bacteria (there are diets to do this, or antibiotics) or continually feed it good bacteria, which will overpower, in time, the bad bacteria. I use the second way. Many have also succeeded with the first way.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-21-2013 at 02:45 PM.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I'm surprised no one has said this, but drop the hard to digest vegetables! No broccoli, brussels sprouts, etc. in addition to the probiotics (add slowly as to not make constipation worse) and magnesium citrate (at least 200-400 mg each day). Insoluble fiber is extremely constipating, contrary to CW. When you're digestion is better, slowly add back in these veggies and assess your reaction.
    I recommend the inner eco because it won't cause constipation.

Vega is offline Member

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I'm surprised no one has said this, but drop the hard to digest vegetables! No broccoli, brussels sprouts, etc. Insoluble fiber is extremely constipating, contrary to CW. When you're digestion is better, slowly add back in these veggies and assess your reaction.
    This. The website "Gutsense" and the book "Fiber Menace" can be good resources for getting past the fiber CW.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12