Thread: Insanity. P90X. Gluten Free. So frustrated. page

armygirllt is offline Junior Member

Insanity. P90X. Gluten Free. So frustrated.

Primal Fuel
    I am half way through Mark's book. A good read. Started P90X a year ago. I also did two rounds of Insanity afterwards. Now I do both on different days and rest 1 to 2x a week. I hv been gluten free for a year. I don't buy the replacement GF foods. I eat very well...but I CANNOT LOSE ANY FAT. I am 47 and very frustrated. I am reluctant to try the Primal eating because I have tried everything and am afraid to be dissapointed again. I generally eat primally anyway but I think my carbs do add up quickly. Any advice?

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armygirllt View Post
    I am half way through Mark's book.
    Finish reading the book, then follow the instructions. It works.

I am reluctant to try the Primal eating
    I generally eat primally anyway
    Contradiction?..
    The primal blueprint is not just about what you eat, it's your whole lifestyle. This should become clear as you read the book. There may be other aspects of your life that you need to change eg. Sleep, how you exercise, stress, etc.

17 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight | Mark's Daily Apple
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Lift got strength, get more muscle on your body. You're exercising not training, train for strength get strong.

AJR
    AJR is offline Junior Member
    GF and primal are completely different. Depending on what you're eating you could be opposite of primal - sugar, rice, legumes - all GF but definitely not primal.

Read the book - sounds like you do too much exercise too...

Try it - you've got nothing to lose g no pun intended)...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    None of what you have done will make you lose weight if you are not controlling your calorie intake. In fact, vigorous exercise makes most people more hungry.

thank you so much. i believe it may be stress. i am 132+ pounds and want to be at my ideal weight of 124. i am so tired of exercising and tired from exercising. i just want to be fit. i will give the primal blueprint my best shot and see what happens. maybe it is the carbs. i dont eat fish so that is a realy bummer. allergic. but i do eat a lot of protein. i will check back in when things are moving along. thank you.

I thought I was training with Insanity but I am just burnt out. No one can do that program for more than 3 rounds. It is taxing on the body. I started out semi-fit, then became more fit ... now fit and fatter. So tired of overtaxing my system. Afraid to quit exercising for I may gain a ton of weight. I will finish the book ... start the plan ... and check back. Being positive. I ran sprints yesterday instead of Insanity. Sore today actually. Feels good.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It is a common misconception that exercise directly and inevitably leads to weight loss, or that weight loss requires a specific exercise program, or that more exercise will lead to more weight loss. The science does not support any sort of such conclusion. But think of all the profit that would be lost if people realized this.

Exercise to enjoy it and to stay fit.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    thank you so much. i believe it may be stress. i am 132+ pounds and want to be at my ideal weight of 124. i am so tired of exercising and tired from exercising. i just want to be fit. i will give the primal blueprint my best shot and see what happens. maybe it is the carbs. i dont eat fish so that is a realy bummer. allergic. but i do eat a lot of protein. i will check back in when things are moving along. thank you.
    What makes you think that 124 is your ideal weight? Seriously, what makes you think that is perfect for you? Did you used to be 124 and now think you should be again? Did you find that number on a height/weight chart?

What is your bodyfat percentage? What measurements are you taking and logging?

The number on the scale is not going to tell you what you want know.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm going to give you my Primal Pep Talk.

I did Insanity and ran when I was done. For several months. I followed a low calorie, low fat high carb diet, like a champ. I didn't lose a pound. My pants didn't get looser. So I gave up, said &%I^% it, and put on 15 lbs or so. I gained a ton of weight.

Then I found Primal and sat on my ass while I ate primal foods. In about a year I lost 35 lbs. Then I started working out again- first HIIT classes, now Crossfit. I've lost about 5 more lbs, but have lost a whole dress size in 6 months. For the first time on my life, my shoulders are way broader than my waist and broader than my hips.

My message- just because Insanity doesn't work, doesn't mean nothing will. Good luck. But yeah, you can quit Insanity, lose weight and gain muscle.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!