Thread: Stuck at around the same weight, is that my ideal weight? page

kathleen is offline Senior Member

Stuck at around the same weight, is that my ideal weight?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all,

If you can see my signature, you will see I've only lost a few pounds since going Primal. That's fine; I have also lost a pants size, too!!! Anyway, I can see that there *is* some fat on me, but my stomach is flat and I have no more muffin top/love handles.

My weight has stayed pretty much the same over the past couple weeks, fluxuating by a pound or two (probably based off of what I ate or how much water I drank).

My diet is primal, obviously, and I'll do some "IF" (in quotes because I DO eat on my fasting days, just very little), maybe once or twice a week.

As per working out, I'll use the weight machine most of the time at the gym. This is 3-4 times a week, where I will push, pull, whatever with my arms and legs on this weight machine, gradually adding weights and increasing strength (I have noticed I can push/pull more than I did when I started). Sometimes I will do 10 minutes of cardio, sometimes I will just walk quickly up the hill (I live on a mountain side, and the gym is about 1/4 a mile down the hill--it's really steep! I always walk to the gym and get my heart pumping on the walk back).

I go for a hike about once a week, pending weather. Sunday I went on a 4 mile hike, I'll probably go for a longer one this weekend as I literally did not need to stop to catch my breath up the mountain (used to stop 3 or 4 times on this trail).

Anyway, my question: I dropped some weight incorporating exercise regularly, and also having a grain-free diet. If I've been at around the same weight for a while (and I look great, too), does this mean this is my "ideal weight" and probably won't lose any more?

I ask because throughout high school I weighed between 120 and 135, I weighed a lot less than I do now, though I am now fitting into my high school jeans perfectly fine.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If you have more muscle than you did in high school then you will weigh more at the same size. Also if you have denser bones now, too. And it seems that once you reach full maturity as a woman you'll never have that look a lot of high school girls have. I'm talking about how a lot of them look like young horses do when they're no longer foals but not yet full grown.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Since you look great and you're fitting into those high school jeans then you are at a great weight and body composition. You probably have more muscle and less fat than in those days, and will be stronger too. Congratulations on your success with primal, keep it up.