Thread: Need a breakfast idea! page

dacec is offline Senior Member

Post Need a breakfast idea!

Primal Fuel
    This will not be a workout day and I am stumped on breakfast.

I am feeling crampy because it is that time of the month so I am skipping my workout.

I dislike eggs, am tired of turkey/cheese/avo/kale roll ups. My smoothie is too carby for a non workout day. Really all I want is a glass of milk with protein powder, would that be too bad?

I am working on building some muscle and losing BF and have been busting my butt and don't want to blow it before I check my BF tomorrow AM.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    A salad?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    If you want milk with protein powder, have milk with protein powder. But check your weight next morning - if you see a visible bulge, go for a non-dairy option next time.

I like a cup of hot broth, so if that feels appealing have it on a standby

Also, do you like fish? Canned or smoked salmon or sardines with fresh greens or sprouts are great for breakky. I also make tuna smoothies, with a couple of cans of tuna blended with egg whites, garlic and hot sauce for a super lean real protein shake. Shrimps with freshly made salsa is another fav of mine on non-carb days....

Oh, and for super low carb smoothie, you can use a bunch of greens (spinach), celery, cucumber and tomato paste to thicken it with cilatro, lime and other spices (and egg whites for protein)...
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Salad does not sound appealing at all....although I do have some chicken bone broth in the frig. That might just be perfect. I am sorting needing a comfort food this morning :-)

Never thought about the dairy. I have a pretty iron gut and I don't think it bothers me however, something I should keep an eye on (scale wise) thanks for that tip.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Fruit with coconut milk / greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon?

Also -
    Check out: Primal pancakes
    and: Primmeal
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    Leftover dinner. It's what's for breakfast.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    One cup of high quality coffee with a tea spoon of coconut oil.

kathleen is online now Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with some delicious bacon, yum num yum.

On my fairly sedentary days, I will honestly just have a cup of coffee and maybe a yogurt. Honestly it's enough to get me satisfied until the mid-afternoon (assuming I'm sitting most of the day).
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Non-workout day, you need fewer calories overall... So maybe IF? And just enjoy slightly larger meals later in the day?

Time to bust out the coffee or tea!