Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conversation at the grocery store... page 2

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Not everyone is a wage slave,
    Granted. It does tend to be the default.

there are a lot of educated people who are having to take menial jobs like that.
    Maybe true, but contradicts your previous point.

This guy is pretty dumb, though,
    I can forgive him for dumb, but his customer service/interpersonal skills are terrible, for which his punishment is working in a grocery store produce department for minimum wage.

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Fresh produce worker: Hi Mam! Can I help you with anything?
    Me: Yes, I need organic rasberries, please. (he was in the way)
    FPW: Oh! You want those... Why do you think they are different?
    Me: Less pesticides.
    FPW: Not it. The difference is the price. Pesticides are everywhere, in the water, in the air, your rasberries are the same, you're just paying more for the same thing. We (produce workers) laugh at customers like you for beign so gollable!

I didn't say anything more.
    What would you have said?
    'Try some, you'll get smarter???'
    Well, since he was basically calling you and other organic produce consumers "stupid", I would have replied in an equally nasty fashion- "Whew, I'm so relieved! Here I was just feeling bad for laughing at you being so inept at a job that, frankly, a blind monkey could perform. So I guess we're even."

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a bit of an ass when wronged.

I would note their name and continue to shop. Then, when I get to the register and get rung up with my $40-90 cart, I'd ask to speak to a manager. I would then calmly explain why I would not be purchasing these items, or spending $80-$200/week there ever again after being insulted and mocked by one of their employees, and walked off.

And yes, I did do that once after receiving bad service at a deli counter. Well, I didn't wait to checkout. I went to the customer service counter and left them my full cart and explained why I wouldn't be purchasing any of those items ever again.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Granted. It does tend to be the default.

Maybe true, but contradicts your previous point.

I can forgive him for dumb, but his customer service/interpersonal skills are terrible, for which his punishment is working in a grocery store produce department for minimum wage.
    Sure, I agree, but you can't really stereotype anyone for working a minimum wage job as being stupid. He'd be stupid in a higher paying job too.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Sure, I agree, but you can't really stereotype anyone for working a minimum wage job as being stupid. He'd be stupid in a higher paying job too.
    I actually know a very smart person who works in a produce department at a major grocery store, but he's the exception and his co-worker's saying stupid things stories are a constant source of hilarity.

I reserve the right to stereotype whoever I want at any time, and will continue to do so in spite of your lack of permission.

I actually know a very smart person who works in a produce department at a major grocery store, but he's the exception and his co-worker's saying stupid things stories are a constant source of hilarity.

I reserve the right to stereotype whoever I want at any time, and will continue to do so in spite of your lack of permission.
    Do whatever you want, I've already stereotyped you 100 times over. Just know that a lack of well paying jobs is a reality, and not everyone in one is deserving, intelligent, or hard working. Many times, they're just born in to it. The amount of money you make isn't a direct correlation to your intelligence, not by a long shot.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Do whatever you want, I've already stereotyped you 100 times over. Just know that a lack of well paying jobs is a reality, and not everyone in one is deserving, intelligent, or hard working. Many times, they're just born in to it. The amount of money you make isn't a direct correlation to your intelligence, not by a long shot.
    Now you've stereotyped me and put words in my mouth. Hope you have a good weekend, little Derpy.

Now you've stereotyped me and put words in my mouth. Hope you have a good weekend, little Derpy.
    Hope you have a good weekend too bro

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    Well, since he was basically calling you and other organic produce consumers "stupid", I would have replied in an equally nasty fashion- "Whew, I'm so relieved! Here I was just feeling bad for laughing at you being so inept at a job that, frankly, a blind monkey could perform. So I guess we're even."
    OMG! I wish I would have the guts to say something like that, hilarious!

... and didn't want to complain to a manager becauseI figured the manager may think the same (maybe not but...) and I live in small town, no need for me to get in trouble for this. He was candidly honest about his opinion. He should have been more professionnal but didn't do much harm.
    Last edited by Waterlily; 04-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Worst. Employee. Ever.

"Hi, I want to buy the thing that costs more money and improves your employers' profit margin."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A DUMBASS!!! What are you, like trying to give me job security or something? You're a dummyhead!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast