Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: My doctor is a moron! page 12

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey anyone who's still reading

Just got back from my docs where I received the repeat blood tests with lipid profile.

Firstly, some good news: turns out my Total cholesterol isn't quite as high as we thought: It's 9.2 mmol/l (355.76179 mg/dl) as opposed to 10.4 mmol/l (402.16551 mg/dl).

Now the rest:

HDL: 2.96 mmol/l = 114.46249 mg/dl
    LDL: 5.7 mmol/l = 220.41763 mg/dl
    Trigs: 1.24 mmol/l = 109.83171 mg/dl

I also got Vit D - 49, which is low.

Added to the rest of my results:

Ferritin: 34
    TSH: 1.26
    T4: 11.6 (European range is 12 - 20. UK range is 10 - 25!)

So I'm not sure what to make of this. Obviously my LDL is way high, but my HDL is good (?) and I think my Trigs are alright...? THe ratios seem okay, partic the Trig / HDL ratio...

I've decided to go to an Endo because all doctors seem to do is treat individual symptoms instead of looking for a comprehensive overview (I was offered anti-depressants like a shot but refused T3 testing). It all seems to come down to hormones anyway...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-01-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not sure if this is helpful, but I recently saw this and your results reminded me of it. The most important thing you probably don’t know about cholesterol In the comments, Kresser said that HDL over 100 is often a sign of inflammation. (Just search for "inflammation" on the page, and it should take you right to the comment.)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112