Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gomad? page

gaston095 is offline Junior Member

Gomad?

Shop Now
    Have anyone heard about "Gomad"? where you drink like 3 gallons of milk a day alonside with paleo eating to gain muscle size really quickly?

I know is not really primal, since it comes from a cow :P and we don't process the lactosa very well and so on, but what's the science behind it?

I mean, it is a cheap source of protein, carbs and fat that can go with paleo.

What do you think?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's called broscience.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's called broscience.
    You're fast becoming one of my favourite posters on here.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    It's not broscience....it's just a simple way of getting calories in and protein sufficient for gains. Milk is great for muscle gain, milk exists for young animals to grow and it will also help you grow. I feel like the only time I'd go full on "GOMAD" is in the situation of a very skinny guy trying to bulk up. You can achieve gains by eating enough calories and protein, milk is just an easier way of doing it.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TCates190 View Post
    It's not broscience....it's just a simple way of getting calories in and protein sufficient for gains. Milk is great for muscle gain, milk exists for young animals to grow and it will also help you grow. I feel like the only time I'd go full on "GOMAD" is in the situation of a very skinny guy trying to bulk up. You can achieve gains by eating enough calories and protein, milk is just an easier way of doing it.
    You wouldn't want to be in the same room as me if I drank a gallon of milk.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    You wouldn't want to be in the same room as me if I drank a gallon of milk.
    LOL me either! Had milk the other day....horrible horrible idea.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston095 View Post
    Have anyone heard about "Gomad"? where you drink like 3 gallons of milk a day...
    Dood, it's not 3GOMAD.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    It's called broscience.
    its not broscience at all. its basically a cheap and simple way of taking in an excess amount of calories, with a pretty solid protein/fat/carb ratio. its often unnecessary, when an ample amount of calories are being taken in by eating whole foods. although someone who is trying to gain mass would still benefit from drinking an extra quart to 1/2 gallon of whole milk each day, on top of their normal caloric intake. a 1/2 gallon of whole milk contains 1200 calories, 64 grams of protein, 64 grams of fat, and 96 grams of carbs, and only costs a few bucks.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I would definitely have a problem with all that milk:
    - not sure I would break down all the lactose ...
    - not sure I wouldn't react to casein one way or another

Seems highly unhealthy to me. Why not, if you really really want something of that kind, ingest some high quality, sugar free whey powder ? You will get the protein boost, insulin spike but at the same time, keep blood glucose stable (glucagon at work).

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Milk makes baby mammals grow. If you're a baby mammal and looking to grow, drink some milk, if you tolerate it well.

If you're a six-foot tall 130 lb teenage male and you want to put on some serious mass, squat heavy and do GOMAD or ADEAD or whatever is necessary to put some meat on your bones.

Bulk/cut cycles aren't broscience, but they're for people who are willing to deal with a little pudge down the road in exchange for facilitating their gains. They're not for everybody. Neither is leangains, which operates toward the opposite end of the spectrum. Both are valid choices so long as they align with your goals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast