Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Caveman Myth? page 3

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    The sorcerors of Babylon innovated means of imposing eugenic controls on enslaved populations, among them alcoholism and malnutrition.
    The really ancient Cro-Magnons/Atlanteans may have tolerated them. I can't say for sure but they may have.... But certainly, later and in the last 10,000 years something has happened that has caused us to be intolerant. Mostly I think it's that our body size has greatly shrunk, either due to whatever happened or because of the grains or both.

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    I don't really care how long ago people were consuming grains. I don't really care if the published account of human history is a lie and we were actually bio-engineered by aliens.

What I want to know is, what food is good NOW, TODAY?

I find that I do much better choosing foods approved in the PB than bread, pasta, etc.. That's what I'm interested in.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip @ MIPWID View Post
    I don't really care how long ago people were consuming grains. I don't really care if the published account of human history is a lie and we were actually bio-engineered by aliens.

What I want to know is, what food is good NOW, TODAY?

I find that I do much better choosing foods approved in the PB than bread, pasta, etc.. That's what I'm interested in.
    Paleo/primal canon is that we shouldn't eat grains because they are a Neolithic food which we have only eaten for 10,000 years and therefore haven't adapted to:
    How Agriculture Ruined Your Health (and What to Do About It) | Mark's Daily Apple

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I think that you are getting too focused on the theoretical, and ignoring how we all actually feel better and get healthier avoiding them. Also atlantean bread is not exactly available in the grocery store. Mon-santo wheat proliferates though.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Paleo/primal canon is that we shouldn't eat grains because they are a Neolithic food which we have only eaten for 10,000 years and therefore haven't adapted to:
    How Agriculture Ruined Your Health (and What to Do About It) | Mark's Daily Apple
    I know. But even if that turns out not to be the case, I want to know what's good food today and what I should avoid. I see no reason to eat grains regardless of whether Grok was tucking into a Subway every day.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123