Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Caveman Myth? page 2

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The sorcerors of Babylon innovated means of imposing eugenic controls on enslaved populations, among them alcoholism and malnutrition.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    The sorcerors of Babylon innovated means of imposing eugenic controls on enslaved populations, among them alcoholism and malnutrition.
    And TV.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    And TV.
    And fairy dust, the fairy dust is the best part... unless you can get whole fairies. They are crunchy, and have extra ZIP!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And fairy dust, the fairy dust is the best part... unless you can get whole fairies. They are crunchy, and have extra ZIP!
    "for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup".....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    since i'm not basing my dietary choices on cavemen -- or ideas about cavemen -- it doesn't matter to me.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    also, the extra zip in the fairies is their fight. they do put up a good fight during the munchings and crunchings.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    And TV.
    And internet forums.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Truth but I'm sayin, they are extensions and improvements on much much older forms of control. Today we watch the news flash images of menacing tanks on our street and death squad faceless armored goons- back in the day they just actually marched them around and burned your shit down. Today we watch CSI and all that 4th Reich TV bullshit catching the terrorist threats- back in the day they dragged them past your house behind a cart before torturing him while your children watch. Back in the day they taught ignorant people that they were sinful by nature, small, and dependent on the glory of the ruling class and their divine parents. Today we talk about carbon footprints and apologize for being alive and clamor for more rules to wash us of our dirty humanity. Old, tired game. I literally cannot believe so many people buy into it everyday forever.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    The problem with saying we've had at least 100,000 years to adapt is the suggestion that grains have been the staple food for ALL OF MANKIND for the past 100,000 years. Finding pockets of grain eating peoples here and there suggest certain groups may have adapted (though whether some of those genes remain and didn't die off from those peoples remains to be seen). Considering how wide spread human civilization is and has become, we could be descended from the meat eating people and are just recently being turned into grain eaters.

The adaptation (evolution) we see where it occurs rapidly is in species that not only have hundreds of generations a year, but also which have multiple offspring (thousands each generation) where mutations can manifest rapidly.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    We've had 100,000 years to adapt.
    And darn if all of us not carrying the gluten tolerance mutation haven't died from it. Yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast