Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a fad diet? page 2

Zackmoses is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I see where you are coming from... try to eat a variety of food with your meat, you should only be able to eat how much you need.

This is normal food... a cheeseburger is not normal food, or food at all really.
    You never eat a cheeseburger? What about a taco, burrito, or something else with a corn tortilla?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat cheeseburgers and corn things. They make me sick so I don't anymore.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackmoses View Post
    You never eat a cheeseburger? What about a taco, burrito, or something else with a corn tortilla?
    I have eaten cheesburgers (very general concept), but generally no, they are not what I consider food (unless someone made it with real ingredients). Have you SEEN the ingredients in a McDonald's cheeseburger? Even the pickle has an ingredients list as long as my pinkie.

I don't see the need to eat them anymore... I just never exactly want one. I don't eat any grain product at all, so if I'm at a Mexican place, I ask for a "burrito bowl" which is the filling, in a bowl.

So I stopped viewing the conventional way of eating as "normal".

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I eat burrito bowls. All the insides of the burrito with none of the unnecessary outsides. I eat my burgers as a salad if I must have one. Otherwise I prefer steak and chops.

Think of it this way. Even if you had the means to grow all your food, what would you realistically do? Would you plow acres of land, plant corn and wheat with seeds you either purchased or saved, irrigate the land, harvest the crops, dry the crops, separate the grain from the chaff, store the grain so that vermin and mold can't get to it, grind the grain and now eat it? Or would you keep some chickens, pigs and cows and grow a small vegetable garden and some fruit trees?

Basing your diet on "whole grains" is really basing your diet on cheap fossil fuels, unless you have access to slave labor.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Zackmoses is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I don't see the need to eat them anymore... I just never exactly want one. I don't eat any grain product at all, so if I'm at a Mexican place, I ask for a "burrito bowl" which is the filling, in a bowl.

So I stopped viewing the conventional way of eating as "normal".
    I've heard about that happening, but I'm not there yet ofcourse. Maybe I can get there one day.

Its hard to view bread and grain as this sort of evil that it seems primal enthusiasts seem to consider it. I suppose that if I could stick with the diet long enough to notice the differences in how my body does with grains I might be able to see it that way, but its hard if you haven't had that experience.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackmoses View Post
    I've heard about that happening, but I'm not there yet ofcourse. Maybe I can get there one day.

Its hard to view bread and grain as this sort of evil that it seems primal enthusiasts seem to consider it. I suppose that if I could stick with the diet long enough to notice the differences in how my body does with grains I might be able to see it that way, but its hard if you haven't had that experience.
    I have to avoid gluten, so there's no way I'd go into a Mexican restaurant and order a burrito bowl. Most of those places use wheat flour to thicken their chili or non-gluten-free seasoning mixes. And the corn, well, you don't want to know.

A lot of people don't realize that they react until sometime after they've gotten their diets clean of the things they were sensitive to.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    It is hard, just got to break through and then you start to "feel" it

Again, very lucky here in Australia and commercial food preparation.

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    If you are uneasy about why, how much, is this safe, etc., maybe you should consider taking the time to actually read the book that you are going to base your diet on.... just a suggestion.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    It's based off a diet called The Zone that was published in the late 90s.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's not so much that grains (that includes corn) and legumes are evil, it's just that in the grand scheme of things, they are nutritionally pretty pathetic. Almost "empty calories" if you will.

Now soy and the crap they sell as vegetable oil? That s**t is evil.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast