Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Pembroke's Journal

Threaded View

Pembroke's Journal

Day 1: Leaving the Cave

So, last night my Primal Blueprint and PB Cookbook arrived and I tore into them--probably thinking I could eat paper instead of food. I'm about 1/2 through the Primal Blueprint, but I didn't let that stop me from beginning right away.

Let's do this.

6'4" and 316 pounds, which essentially means I'm carrying around a spare moose in my body. My energy levels are generally low, which sets the tone for my entire day. I spend too much time in front of the monitor, and not enough time traversing the planet.

Mind you, I'm not through all of the materials but thought I'd start walking the walk and mimicking the other tribal members. Thus:

Breakfast consisted of black coffee, a boiled egg, an apple, and some grapes. Water throughout the day, and around lunchtime I ordered a hamburger with cheddar cheese and no bread, and a side of coleslaw (which I secretly wonder wasn't a mistake); tonight, I'm heading to the market to hunt up the ingredients for a paprika goulash I found online.

It's worth mentioning that I'm starting small: parking the brontosaurus at the furthest corner of the parking lot, making a point to walk around the cave, outside the cave, and opening the door to adventure.

Instead of weight goals, or opportunities of failure, I have only committed to this one goal: in 2014, I want to raft a river in New Zealand (which includes hiking, and camping).

While I don't suspect I'll scribble on this cave wall every day, I would like to check in and capture the story.

Looking for encouragement, and other Primals to share the journey. My campfire is your campfire.

More soon.

Howl!
    Last edited by Pembroke; 04-18-2013 at 05:18 PM.