Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we piss everybody off so much? page

Violette_R is offline Senior Member

Why do we piss everybody off so much?

Primal Fuel
    I should totally know better, but I just made the mistake of reading a thread on a blog that always gets my hackles up. The original post wasn't even about the paleo diet per se, but was a stupid list of delicious carbs. You know, like Spagehtti-Os. The comments almost immediately started in on the paleo diet.

People were vehemently vitriolic about what stupid assholes paleo enthusiasts are. I mean, they were REALLY ANGRY. And also misinformed on what we actually believe about the diet of the Paleolithic peoples.

If you want to keep eating sugar and wheat, be my guest. But why care that much about me not doing so? It's weird. And given the sanctity of "fat acceptance" on this particular blog, it was tempting to start questioning the commenters' size.

stormcrow is offline Junior Member
    Usually the angrier someone gets about a topic the more threatened they feel by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post
    I should totally know better, but I just made the mistake of reading a thread on a blog that always gets my hackles up. The original post wasn't even about the paleo diet per se, but was a stupid list of delicious carbs. You know, like Spagehtti-Os. The comments almost immediately started in on the paleo diet.

People were vehemently vitriolic about what stupid assholes paleo enthusiasts are. I mean, they were REALLY ANGRY. And also misinformed on what we actually believe about the diet of the Paleolithic peoples.

If you want to keep eating sugar and wheat, be my guest. But why care that much about me not doing so? It's weird. And given the sanctity of "fat acceptance" on this particular blog, it was tempting to start questioning the commenters' size.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    They feel we are threatening their way of life, simply by existing.

People who are gluten-free get the same bs all the time, like civilization is going to end if we don't cram down burgers and pizzas daily.

Speaking of gluten-free, I've been seeing a lot of BS about that lately, too. People who need to make sure I know that "YOU WON'T LOSE WEIGHT JUST BY GOING GLUTEN-FREE!!!!" Umm ... no duh. And then there are the celiacs who are pissed about non-celiacs not eating gluten. Somehow they're the only ones allowed to be concerned about the effect of wheat on their bodies and my arthritis and IBS are inconsequential. I don't get people.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's a real battle. I am self-diagnosed gluten-intolerant, which means I get all the same symptoms as someone who a doctor has diagnosed through an expensive and/or invasive battery of tests. If I accidentally eat a slice of bread, I won't feel well for weeks. But on celiac blogs and forums, people argue that people like me are stealing away the attention that would get them proper respect or something. It's not that I don't have celiac. We will never know because I couldn't afford the testing. For all I know, I do. But the treatment is the same.

Never eat gluten again, no matter how little.

I think that anybody has the right to decide to eat (or not eat) whatever they want without idiots making arbitrary judgments about them. But I guess I'm in the minority on that.

Accidental double post deleted.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    When I think of non-paleo/primal eaters, I kind of put them into two general camps: misinformed (or they just disagree) is one, stupid/lazy is the other.

The misinformed, or those that disagree might be people who think the whole "grains are bad" thing is a myth, or they might disapprove of eating animals, maybe they were born in an area where they weren't exposed to lots of fish, or their family never ate organs, etc. But basically, they are people who have enough self respect to know how to use an oven, and try to feed their children decent meals.

People who think Spaghetti-O's are delicious carbs or are an acceptable meal for a child don't deserve the taste buds with which they were born. They are stupid and lazy, and they rant against those who are trying to do better by living in a more wholesome manner. Somewhere in them, they know that peeling back cellophane and microwaving something every single night is a cop out, but they are too weak to even look to change. It's much easier to pick up some shitburger at a drive-through and denigrate those who don't.

Also, what stormcrow said.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I actually have a little fun shutting people up with graphic descriptions of how wheat and rice trigger my IBS. No one's ever been regaled with a story of explosive diarrhea brought on by pasta, then continued to tell me I should totally keep eating wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post

I think that anybody has the right to decide to eat (or not eat) whatever they want without idiots making arbitrary judgments about them. But I guess I'm in the minority on that.
    LOL, you with your good sense and maturity. That's so cute!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post
    I actually have a little fun shutting people up with graphic descriptions of how wheat and rice trigger my IBS. No one's ever been regaled with a story of explosive diarrhea brought on by pasta, then continued to tell me I should totally keep eating wheat.
    LOL! I love that.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

People who think Spaghetti-O's are delicious carbs or are an acceptable meal for a child don't deserve the taste buds with which they were born.
    I knew I should have stopped at the praise of Spaghetti-Os. I KNEW it. But my dumb bunny self just kept reading.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast