Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do we piss everybody off so much? page 4

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    On one hand I find it very sad that these people believe what they've been brainwashed with for so many years and don't have the sense to work it out for themselves. Perhaps it's all that wheat making them stupid and angry.

...on the other hand, I see their point. There is a huge amount of dogma attached to paleo/primal and quite a bit of superiority. I'm another of those who don't talk about it to people I know other than those who are very close to me, or those who ask. And I tend to mostly say that I only eat things that make me feel good...and grains etc don't. I'm not very keen on labels in any walk of life.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    I totally accept the premise that there is a significant amount of vitriol directed against the paleo community around the internet.

The explanation for this, in my opinion, is simple: Because our good friends in the mainstream media command the people to mock the paleo diet. Period.

From the anti-paleo TED Talk to U.S. News & World Report ranking paleo as the worst possible diet every year, to the NY Times publishing anti-meat articles every week (which get posted religiously on my Facebook wall by fuglies)....the media hates us. (I suspect they hate paleo because they hate white gentiles and want us sickly and depopulated, but that's just a theory.)

What the media commands, the America public obeys (though with many exceptions). Whether the topic is 9/11, the murder at the Boston Marathon, racial demographics in violent crimes....if you express thoughts that diverge from the media's edicts, you're to be marginalized and subjected to hatred.

Unless and until a critical mass of people stops consuming the MSM, the hatred against paleo and other "alternative" communities will continue.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Same reason vegans piss some people here off
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    On one hand I find it very sad that these people believe what they've been brainwashed with for so many years and don't have the sense to work it out for themselves. Perhaps it's all that wheat making them stupid and angry.

...on the other hand, I see their point. There is a huge amount of dogma attached to paleo/primal and quite a bit of superiority. I'm another of those who don't talk about it to people I know other than those who are very close to me, or those who ask. And I tend to mostly say that I only eat things that make me feel good...and grains etc don't. I'm not very keen on labels in any walk of life.
    Seriously, you don't see that everywhere? You think SAD-eaters don't feel that about their diets, too?

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Seriously, you don't see that everywhere? You think SAD-eaters don't feel that about their diets, too?
    Actually I don't think they do. I think the majority of SAD eaters dont' even consider what they're doing. We're all clearly people who are more health conscious than the average man in the street and it's probably inevitable that some people become a little over-zealous.

I do think that people have a tendency to ridicule things that they don't understand. The media and their insistence on labelling paleo/primal as an attempt to recreate an authentic paleolithic lifestyle don't help at all.

I have to say though, I've gotten to the point where I don't really bother about it. I know it's right for me, and I know that other people have to come to their own conclusions. Hopefully they'll come to the correct conclusion as paleo/primal as a great and health promoting way of life, but it's their decision to be made.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234