Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for staying under 50g 0f carbs page 2

tizzi is offline Junior Member
    That's brilliant Kochin! Gives me a great reference point. I'll have a good look over your information. Thanks!!

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tizzi View Post
    Thanks for comments. I'm surprised about the avocado being an issue only because so many people on the forum seem to include it in their diet but I'll take the advice as I'm really quite ignorant about the carbohydrate, fibre, glucose link and I've no idea at all about net carbs!
    No, I'm saying the Avocado SHOULD be eaten. It's only a handful of net carbs.

Going to bed now, it's 10pm in England and I'm yawning. Looking forward to reading anymore helpful hints tomorrow. Goodnight all :-)

diene is offline Senior Member
    Net carbs are total carbs minus fiber. This is because humans don't have the enzymes necessary to digest fiber so it passes straight through you and don't count. But I've read that Mark's carbohydrate curve is based on total carbs and not net carbs. However, the carbohydrate curve is also not based on any real science so don't take it as scripture. (I did when I first started too, but reality is more complicated than that, unfortunately.)

purple579 is offline Member
    Like the others said, staying under 50 g of carbs comes down to nothing but meat, eggs, veggies, and oils. Full-fat dairy and cheese often has 0g carbs if you're eating that. But again, I don't know if you should look at net carbs or total carbs.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    I thought I was eating quite a lot of carbs but when I tracked my nutrients for a couple of weeks it turned out I was regularly eating not much more than 20g per day. This was despite eating loads of green veg and salad, some tomatoes/peppers/carrots/onions, occssional apples/berries and even small quantities of dark chocolate plus drinking wine. Without bananas/sweet fruits/juices/potatoes/rice (which I am off at the moment as want to lose fat) I would actually struggle to get above 50g on a regular basis. I eat meat, fish, eggs, cheese and all the above mentioned veg + dark choc, wine and occasional fruit and I easily stay in that range without feeling that my diet is limited.

I agree that the avocado jumps out as possibly being wrongly calculated.
    Last edited by freerangepiglings; 04-18-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: misleading typo

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Diet looks both delicious and wholesome and only adds to 46g carbs that I can see.

Good luck for your goals.

That's brilliant Kochin! Thanks so much - it's really useful info and I'm gonna give it a thorough study :-)

Dear all, in the clarity that morning and a good night's sleep brings, I realise I made an error submitting my food intake into MyFitness as, unbeknownst to me, I /it added rice with the Thai curry hence my much higher than expected carb count. I'm a bit grateful for the mistake though because all the info and reassurance I've received from you all has been really kind, helpful and interesting. Many thanks. I shall pop up again after a while to tell you all of my progress.

Viva primal!!

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not sure why you feel you should be under 50g of carbs?

Honestly, let your body get used to PB eating before you go cutting carbs right down. You may find that you don't need to eat low carb to drop fat (if that's what you're after) - plenty people do great on moderate carbs.

After a few months, if you've gotten through all of your cravings, carb flu (if you get it) etc., and find that you're not dropping fat, then by all means tweak away...but be patient.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast