Hey all, I dont post much, mostly because I don't feel I have much to contribute, but I do have a question.

With the Primal Blueprint in mind I downloaded a food tracker app, more for curiosity's sake than anything else. But I made a discovery that kind of alarmed me, but I want to get everyone else's opinion.

I found that I'm getting about 50% of my calories from fat (actually usually a little more like 52%). The rest of my calories are pretty evenly divided between protein and carbohydrates. Oddly enough, in terms of grams I get about an even amount of each macronutrient, about 100 grams each. I know we're supposed to get the bulk of our calories from fat, but 50% seems high even to me. Is it or am i just still a little two conventional wisdom influenced?

As for what I eat, here's a typical day
Breakfast: 2 egg, 2 strips bacon, 1 or 2 cups coffee
Lunch: 1.5 oz about artisanal salami,1 oz olives, cheese, 5 or so dates, and some kind of fruit usually berries
Dinner: pork chop, steak, or chicken with frozen vegetables, and a salad with blue cheese and home made dressing
Snacks: fruit (usually apples, bananas, or whatever berry is in season), and mexican pork rinds

I started Primal eating for two reasons. The first being that I was never convinced of the Men's Health's approach to nutrition that had you eating half a loaf of whole wheat bread everyday. Second, I'm trying to lose a little weight. I just turned thirty and over the last two or three years I started gaining weight for the first time in my life. I'm 5' 8" and weight about 176. I'm certainly not fat, but I do have more gut than I'd like to have. According my nutrition app (myfitnesspal) for my height and activity level, I burn about 2150 calories a day, and I average about 1900 calories a day without really feeling hungry except right before a meal. So I'm not overly concerned, I was just wondering what everyone else thought of that macronutrient ratio.

Thanks everyone