Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50% calories from fat? page 3

Hux
    Hux is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for all the encouragment everyone. I wasn't terribly worried, but it i kind of shocking when you first see that high a number. But now I'm being told it's actually a little low. I'll have to work harder for that.

Canuck, I normally do some bodyweight exercises, but I've had to stop for the last week because I sprained my knee and need to rest it. But once I get the all clear from my doctor I intend to start up again along with some sprinting.

By the way, how low is low carb? I generally average around 100 carbs a day from fruits and vegetables. Is that too high or is that ok?

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    By the way, how low is low carb? I generally average around 100 carbs a day from fruits and vegetables. Is that too high or is that ok?
    It all depends on what your goals are. If you are very active, you'll need a bit more carbs than someone that isn't terribly active. I generally aim for roughly under 80g as this is where I feel best and continue to have weight loss. If you are trying to lose weight and are being successful with your current carb level and are feeling good, then I say continue with how you're doing. If your weight loss stalls, you may need to decrease (or even increase) carb level. You can play around with your carb level to see how you feel with certain levels. Some people do great on very low carb and some don't. It's very personal...

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    It's a great starting point IMO. I think the most common range is 10%/50g ~ 30%/150g (before anaerobics). As long as it's all unrefined you can probably trust your taste and energy instincts, and it doesn't need to be the same every day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123