Thread: Fat intake versus calories page

Rattybag is offline Senior Member

Fat intake versus calories

Hi, Ive been away for a while but Im back and want to try again!

Ive been reading up about the Bulletproof Diet and though I love the BP coffee, I dont have the full amount of butter in it that the guy suggests as it just seems too much.

What worries me is if I were to have butter in coffee, fatty meats, cream etc, I KNOW I will be consuming too many calories for the amount I would burn on a daily basis.
    So how can I expect to lose weight?
    5 days on bulletproof and already Im thickening up around my waist!

How on earth does anyone manage to lose weight whilst eating this way?
    I so want it to work for me, but just like last time, Im just getting fatter and heavier!

Where am I going wrong? I just dont understand it!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, whose diet is this? Some guy on the internet. You know what you need to do for your body.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    The theory behind BP coffee is that drinking it will hold off your hunger for many hours, so you end up eating less over the whole day... if it DOES keep you satiated for hours and hours (it didn't for me, but n=1) then fabulous, you'll probably end up eating bp coffee and dinner the entire day. If it doesn't keep you satiated, you'll end up eating your normal calories + the stick of butter in your coffee, so yeah, you'll gain weight.

Paleobird Guest
    But, but, but...... That would mean that "upgraded" coffee is not a magic elixir and we actually have to work at losing weight. Darn!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Ive been reading up about the Bulletproof Diet and though I love the BP coffee, I dont have the full amount of butter in it that the guy suggests as it just seems too much.
    Aha, there we have it, you are putting too little butter in your coffee, more is always better you know; so drink MOAR fat!!!
    Make sure that you put at least one stick of high quality grass feed butter in every cup of coffee that you drink throughout the day, because it works magic in keeping hunger demons away from you...

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post

What worries me is if I were to have butter in coffee, fatty meats, cream etc, I KNOW I will be consuming too many calories for the amount I would burn on a daily basis.
    So how can I expect to lose weight?
    5 days on bulletproof and already Im thickening up around my waist!

How on earth does anyone manage to lose weight whilst eating this way?
    I so want it to work for me, but just like last time, Im just getting fatter and heavier!

Where am I going wrong? I just dont understand it!
    Are you doing bulletproof fasting, or just drinking bulletproof coffee with breakfast?